* My Dad was here for a visit the first week of May. It had been two years since I had seen him and it was a very nice visit. It was hard finding fun things to do that he had never experienced before but we managed! We went to the zoo (although he had been there before), the Oregon coast with a trip to Ft. Stevens and Tillamook, Hood River with just us adults for wine, good food and the fruit loop. We also went to the Ridgefield Wildlife area and out to Sauvie Island for a picnic lunch one day. Here are some random pictures. Please note my Dad hates having his picture taken which is why you will see zero with him.
* My lab work all came back normal which is great! It doesn't solve the issue of why I feel off these days but hopefully with added vitamins and probiotics I will start feeling better.
* I am down 37 pounds on Weight Watchers! The weight loss has been pretty slow these days but I have cut way back on my Flex Points usage to hopefully jump start my loss again. If that doesn't work, I am going to start the Wendie Plan (Google it if you are curious).
Here are some of the yummy recipes I have made lately:
Angel hair pasta with scallops and tomatoes and blistered green beans
Pineapple whip - identical to the Dole whip you would get at Disney. Amazing!
Coconut chicken strips, cilantro lime rice and roasted broccoli
Summer vegetables with chicken sausage and potatoes
Pork with mint pesto, quinoa and roasted cauliflower
* I planted quite the herb garden this year and am finding ways to use them up. I have cilantro, parsley, thyme and mint coming out of the wazoo! My rosemary is under control for now. I have made countless pitchers of mint iced tea, mint pesto, mint chocolate chip muffins, salads with fresh herbs, marinades with fresh herbs, and the list goes on. My favorite is probably the cilantro. I could bathe in cilantro.
* My veggies are coming along too. I have 4 tomato plants, potatoes growing in a trash can (really), carrots, bush beans and broccoli. Most are from seed so they won't be ready for several more weeks but it's fun to watch them grow.
* Jack has his last day of school on Thursday with his graduation on Tuesday. My goodness, my kids are growing so fast. Next year, Jack will be in pre-kindergarten and Cal in pre-preschool. They will go to the same school for a few hours a couple times a week.
* On that note, Jack is starting speech therapy on Monday. At his 4 year well child checkup the pediatrician mentioned that he was hard to understand. I can understand 100% of what he says but others can't. I scheduled an appointment with the school district for an evaluation and it turns out he has a bit of a delay. He talks up a storm but he has a hard time pronouncing his F's, V's and some other letters. He also has a bit of a front lisp that needs to be corrected. I am hoping his therapy will help and by kindergarten, he won't have any issues.
* Cal is doing great! Talking up a storm, getting quite the 2 year old attitude and growing like crazy. We had a little bit of a scare last week when he had a virus. He often gets random fevers with no other symptoms. We have learned to mostly keep him medicated and not worry unless he starts developing other symptoms. Last week he was on day 5 of a fever so I decided to bring him in to the pediatrician. After looking him over, she found he had another bout of tonsilitis. What was worrisome is that he wasn't moving his neck. He had a lump in his neck and so she sent us to the Children's Hospital. She was concerned that he had something called retropharyngeal abcess. Thank goodness he was fine and didn't have the abcess which would have needed surgery. Talk about a scary few hours though. Yikes!
That is about it for now. I hope to do a Weight Watchers dedicated post soon with my tips and tricks this time around.