Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Projects Lately

I have been on a sock kick these days.  I love knitting socks and I can't stop!  In between socks, I have done a couple of hats.  Want to see my latest projects?

I wish this picture turned out better.  The yarn is a really beautiful shade of deep yellow, almost like a cross between a mustard and a pea green.  Sounds totally gross but it truly is beautiful.  The yarn is Madelinetosh Tosh DK in Oak.


Look!  Socks!  Yarn credit:  Berroco Vintage in Promenade.


I have made this hat before and was asked to make a few for friends.  Yarn credit:  Berroco Vintage in Aster.


I love how these socks don't match, even though they use the same yarn.  Yarn credit: Schoppel Wolle Ambiente in color 2183.  This yarn was great to work with.  It had a bit of stretch to it, plus I love when yarn self stripes.


This was my first pair of patterned socks.  You can see the rib pattern all the way through it.  Yarn credit:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Farmhouse.


Here they are finished.


Isn't this yarn fun?!?!?  I posted this picture on Instagram to show that I love turning and knitting the heel.  It's always my favorite part of the sock.  Yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.  Yes, that really is the name of the yarn.

Finished!


Here is another patterned sock.  I am not sure I will finish these or not.  This pattern is awful and is taking FOREVER.  I get burnt out when I don't see results quickly.  It's a faux argyle pattern that repeats throughout the entire sock.

Yarn credit:  Crystal Palace Panda Silk in Aquarium.  The color is a really beautiful aqua and the yarn itself is super soft, made out of silk, bamboo and another fiber.


Yarn credit:  Plymouth Yarn Diversity in Palm Pink.


Here is that hat again!  This one is going to my friend Amanda.  Yarn is Berroco Vintage in Petunia.


I hate this sock. I should probably make the other one but the yarn is icky.  It just teaches me never to buy junky yarn again.  Someone did say that this looks like a Bomb Pop.  Maybe I will call them my Bomp Pop socks.  


I have so many other projects in stages of completion right now.  I have 1.5 baby socks knitted.  A blanket, a cowl, and several more.  My goal is to not buy any yarn until September because I need to use up what I have in my stash.

3 comments:

  1. You're amazingly talented. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I crochet myself so I marvel at your ability to use two needles:) Where do you get your yarn? I'm bored with JOann and Michaels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I usually buy my yarn at a local yarn shop or I order online at Yarn.com. They have a huge selection and ship really fast.

      Delete