Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Socks, Socks, and More Socks

I have been on a sock kick lately (with a random hat mixed in).  I am still working on my mom's sweater for Christmas, but it's nearly done.  I hope to complete it next week.  I have been putting it off for several weeks - not sure why since I only have one more sleeve to go.

Here are my recent projects!

Socks for Jack for Christmas.  I used my standard sock pattern for these.  It's such an easy pattern and I am comfortable with it.  

Yarn Credit:  Plymouth Diversity


Colorblock socks - I used my standard sock pattern but the colorblock was my creation.

Yarn Credit:  Berroco


I have been seeing patterns for colorwork and wanted to try it.  After a couple of YouTube videos, it looked easy!  And it was easy.  I just need to adjust my tension so that it's not so tight on the inside when switching colors.

Marching Alpaca hat

Yarn Credit;  Berroco


Another pair of socks.  Just looking at this picture, I realized that I needed to do something different.  I made the socks too small and I am seeing a lot of ladders in my stitches.  I have corrected this issue and knitting is always a learning process.

Yarn Credit:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock


Here is another shot of the same sock.  Crazy how the colors look so different in different lights.


After reading online about a sock heel that is supposed to change your life, I wanted to try it.  You make a cardboard form of your foot for measurement.  I knitted my first sock and I LOVED how easy the heel was.  It took less yarn as well so I could make the cuffs of the socks longer.

Well guess what?  It didn't fit!  Turns out that when I made the cardboard form, it was measured wrong.  After some adjusting, I fixed it.  Below is the first finished sock custom for my foot.

Pattern Credit:  Fish Lips Kiss Heel

Yarn Credit:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock


Oh look!  Another sock!  Knitted for Cal but it's slightly too big.  I will attribute that to the fact that he was wiggling so much when I took his measurements.

Yarn Credit:  Regia Colorways 


That's it for now.  I will have a picture of my mom's sweater hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment