Monday, January 5, 2015

Catch Up - Randoms

Another catch-up post!

* I stated in a couple of posts back that we were having financial issues.  I am very very relieved to say that we are back on track.  I applied for a mortgage modification and we were approved.  We are saving over $200 a month on our mortgage which gives us some wiggle room.  After our huge medical bill is paid off in May, we will be a lot more comfortable and have a lot less to worry about.

* I am starting Weight Watchers on January 12th,  I cancelled my membership when money was becoming an issue.  I am excited to start back up!

* Starting back to work today after being on vacation over most of Christmas was so nice.  I know that is awful to say but it was so tiring being home and entertaining kiddos for over 2 weeks.  Finding things to do and keeping them occupied was difficult.  I tried to keep them busy with Christmas crafts, I spent a whopping $15 on beads, felt, pipe cleaners, mints and other goodies so they could make ornaments and play with a felt Christmas tree.

* Speaking of work, I got a new job!  I work for the same company, but will be switching roles.  It's a bit of a promotion and working with one client, and I am so grateful for that.

* We went to Longview on New Year's Day to celebrate our extended family Christmas.  It was in a different location this year because Jason's aunt moved.  Her new house is gorgeous and everything I would want a house to be.  It is an old Craftsman home built in 1920.  Beautiful!  When I "grow up" and buy a bigger house, that is about what I would want.

* On that note, our New Year's Eve was very low key.  I had bought a bottle of Prosecco and planned on doing a whole lot of nothing.  Jason and I put the boys to bed, I enjoyed a bath, some knitting and some Prosecco.  I think I was in bed by 10:00.  Heh!  Getting old is fun.

I can't really think of anything else to post at the moment.  Now that the holidays are over, I plan on catching up on blogging and life in general.

Happy 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment