Monday, October 28, 2013

Knit, Purl, Repeat

The last knitting post I did was at the end of August.  There is probably no way I will be able to post all the projects I have done since than.  Too many and I will likely forget some.  But I will try!

I loved the Just Enough Ruffles scarf I made for my mom so I decided to try it again. This time with a variegated yarn.  I wasn't sure who I was making this for but it was fun.

Just Enough Ruffles scarf using Berocco Comfort worsted weight in Raspberry Tart


My friend asked me to knit a hat for her.  She had the yarn already purchased and I just needed to find a pattern.  She requested a slouchy cable hat.  So I came up with this pattern.

Lemon Curd Slouch

I don't know what the yarn was since she purchased it in Alaska but I love how it turned out!


I don't know how it happened but I have really gravitated towards hats.  I am known as the "hat knitter" by a few people.  I think it's because they are quick and easy to work up.  Continuing on with the hat trend.......

Someone from a message board that I frequent was on the hunt for a knitted baby hat.  She doesn't know if the baby she is expecting is a boy or a girl so I covered all my bases.

Trio of baby hats


The owl hat is this pattern.  I don't recall what pattern I used for the blue hat but I do know that the pattern didn't call for the pom pom, I added that after the fact. The pink hat is this pattern.  I actually started the hats using a pima cotton yarn but I didn't like how they were turning out.  I instead switched to some baby specific yarn but I don't recall what it was.  Again that is what happens when you are working on too many projects and don't write them down!

I had some leftover yarn from another project and decided to put it to good use.  What else would you do with bright orange yarn?  A pumpkin of course!

This hat is actually my own pattern (sort of).  I used a random child's beanie I found on Ravelry and another pattern for the stems.


I believe the stem pattern is from here.

Now, when you have a ton of leftover green yarn, what do you do with that?  Jason requested I make him a beanie, so I did.  Super simple, super easy.  I don't even have the pattern linked because I just knitted it.  I casted on what I thought was a good amount of stitches and just went from there.  This picture is not very good.  The color looks grey when it's really more Kelly green.


I am knitting most everyone something for Christmas and I asked my sister to pick something she would like.  She picked a beautiful hat and I was so excited to knit it.  We went to the yarn store and she picked her own yarn.

Audrey Hat in Malabrigo Rios Purple Mystery


This color is more of a deep purple but I love how you can see the subtle stripe in the yarn.  This was one of my favorite things to knit.  It is always nice to knit with a high quality yarn because it is soft, easy to work with and just beautiful.  My budget doesn't allow myself to use $13 skeins of yarn often though.

Another Christmas gift I made was for my aunt (she doesn't read the blog) and I love it.  I found this pattern and HAD TO have this exact yarn.  It's discontinued so it was a bit of a challenge.  I hope I am not out of touch but I feel like this cowl is exactly her style.

Rainbow Twist in Malabrigo Rasta Arco Iris

It's funny because this is actually the second twist I made.  I wasn't happy with how I seamed the first one so I took all the stitches out and started over.  The seam on this one is much more clean.


I had started another project using some leftover Madelinetosh yarn but I wasn't happy with it.  I need to be at least 90% happy with how a project turns out otherwise I start over.  I took out the scarf I had started, unraveled it and made this cowl instead.  It knitted up so fast and it matches the winter hat I made for myself last year.

Bella Cowl in Madelinetosh Vintage in Carmine (discontinued)

This was my first project using a lace pattern.  Lace intimidates me.  I found an easy one to start with and it was amazingly easy.  I won't be intimidated anymore!


My coworker is due to have a baby this month and I wanted to knit the little guy a hat.  I am very proud to say that this is my own pattern.  I made this one up myself and if I ever get around to it, I will publish it here (in case I have any readers who are knitters).  I wanted to use up some other yarn I had bought and I wanted a striped hat.  This one was so easy.  I made it in a larger size so it would fit the wee one as he grew.  I love how it turned out.

Striped baby hat - A Pachey original


The stripes are in groups of 6 and I added the pom pom to make it more fun. The yarn is a soft pima cotton from Cascade yarns.

I am currently working on some dishcloths as Christmas gifts for my mother-in-law, Mamo and probably some other family members who I will not name.  I bought Lion brand Kitchen Cotton yarn in super fun colors and am working on this pattern series.

Here is one completed.  I have about 10 more to do before Christmas - not hard considering they only take about 2 hours to knit.


This hat is for my uncle for Christmas.  It's in a simple cable pattern with a good quality yarn.

Fisher Cable in Berroco Vintage in Cast Iron


I have many other projects in the works.  I have a hat for my cousin's fiance, something pretty for my cousin, an awesome teddy bear for my nephew, a dinosaur for my other nephew, a stuffed pig for my cousin's daughter and something for my older sister and her husband.

Lots of work ahead!  I can't post some items because I do want them to be a surprise but I can't wait to share all the finished projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment