Man has it been a while since I posted. Sorry about that. Life has been busy and quite frankly, I haven't had anything interesting to write about.
Here are some randoms from our last couple of weeks.
* Jack is LOVING school. He really likes going. I wish he could go every day but I will be happy with twice a week.
* In case you were wondering, food-wise, not much has changed. My kids are still picky and don't eat a lot of dinner most nights. Even after changing how we do dinner, they just won't eat. I fix kid-friendly dinners and offer them two things on their plates that I know they will eat. They aren't starving, so I guess that is good.
* A couple of weeks ago, Cal had some weird virus that prompted two ER visits. He had a very high fever and no other symptoms other than not sleeping well and fussy. No cold, no ear infection, no vomitting. After 5 days of 103 and up to 104.3 fevers, it finally broke and he had a slight rash on his chest. Diagnosis? Likely it was Roseola. No fun dude.
* Apparently I missed Cal's 15 month well-baby visit (bad mom). I brought him in for a delayed 18 month and he needed 5 shots. Oops. However, my shorty is almost 34 inches tall (75th percentile) and 25 pounds (35th percentile). My kids and string beans. The pediatrician was impressed by how much my kid talks. He talks all the time. He is starting to string two and three words together and it's adorable. Seriously. I had him say "Bye Bye Stinky butt" (to his brother) and he said it perfectly. He is like a parrot repeating everything we say.
* I am knitting up a storm as usual. I have a long list of Christmas projects to do. I will do a separate post soon with all the things that I have made. I even made up a pattern!
* I just booked our weekend anniversary trip. I am sooooo excited! We are staying at the same hotel as last year but upgraded our room just a bit. We have a room with a view which is cool. Sad to say that the thing I am looking forward to the most is sleeping in. I plan to sleep past 6:00am and just be lazy. LAZY. Oh, and spend some time with my husband too.
* We took the kids to French Prairie Gardens on Saturday. We usually go to a different farm for fall activities but this year, we did something new. The kids had a blast! We would have stayed longer had it not been for the yellow jackets that kept bothering us.
I really need to start posting more. Seriously, I have been super slacking.