Friday, October 10, 2014

Knitting Projects

I have been making and finishing tons of projects lately in anticipation of Christmas.  I am more than halfway done and with only 12 weeks or less to complete, I better hurry up!

I have made several of the hat below.  Several meaning 6 and I still have 1 more to make.  This particular hat is for my cousin's daughter.  She requested this hat in a pink and purple blend.  I think I nailed it with the yarn!


Yarn credit:  Malabrigo worsted in Brisa
Pattern credit:  Audrey Hat by Nancy Ricci (modified to fit a smaller size)

I wanted to make myself a cardigan sweater that was big and comfy and would be great for colder weather.  I think I succeeded!  I shopped around for yarn because I didn't want to pay $200 for yarn.  I found some yarn on KnitPicks.  It worked great!  Next time, I am going to splurge and buy more expensive yarn but not until I get to my goal weight.


I look pregnant in the picture.  I assure you I am not.  Just fat folks.

Yarn credit:  KnitPicks Brava worsted in Peacock
Pattern credit:  Effortless Cardigan by Hannah Fettig

I wish this next hat was more clear in regards to the color.  The color is stunning.  The yarn itself was amazing to work with.  Super soft and easy to use.  I find it makes a difference when you use a quality yarn.


Yarn credit:  Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in Cousteau
Pattern credit:  Spiralini Hat by Jane Tanner


These next hats are Christmas gifts for my nephews.  I hope they like them!



Yarn credit:  KnitPicks Brava Worsted in Black, Grass and Silver
Pattern credit:  Knitted Critters for Kids to Wear by Jean Adel


Isn't this little sock adorable?  Baby socks are so fun because they knit up so fast and use minimal yarn.  I always save my sock yarn and can whip up a pair of wee socks in 2 hours.


Yarn credit:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock
Pattern:  Modified and made by me : )


Socks are so much fun to knit.  I don't know what it is about them.  Maybe the yarn I choose just makes me so happy?  Every time I finish a pair of socks, I just marvel at how cool they are.  I could seriously knit just socks for the rest of my life and be happy.


Yarn credit:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock in Peridot and Periwinkle
Pattern Credit:  Knitting Socks by Ann Budd

Finally, I am working on a sweater for my mom for Christmas.  I love how it's working up so far.  I keep picking it up and putting it down because I am in the boring part right now.  It's the knitting of the body and you knit continuously for 22 inches.  It gets a little tedious.


The yarn is much more purple than the picture appears.

Yarn credit:  KnitPicks Brava Worsted in Mulberry
Pattern credit:  Neckdown Pullover Tunic by Knitting Pure and Simple


I will post again when I complete a few more projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment