Monday, November 9, 2009

Call the Wahhhmbulance

Because I am whiny. I might be considered ungrateful but I really, truly do not feel well. There are days that I feel great, but today is not one of them. I woke up with stomach issues (read: Bathroom every few minutes) and I called in sick to work. There goes one extra day at home with my baby.

Not only does my hip hurt like a bitch even though I sleep with a pregnancy pillow, I STILL have morning sickness. Yes, I know I take medication, but it's annoying. I sometimes will forget and my body lets me know right away. "Hmm, why do I feel nauseous? Oh that's because it's 9:00 and I forgot to take my pill at 8:00".

I have the ocassional heartburn, which is tolerable. I can deal with that.

What I can't deal with: Feeling like my stomach is going to explode. My stomach is literally hard as a rock. I don't think it's Braxton Hicks contractions because it's lasted all day. All day I can't get comfortable. All day I need to move every five minutes because I can hardly breathe. All day I am up off the couch and trying to breathe even though it hurts.

So, besides the excruciating hip pain that lasts all day, the morning sickness and the incredibly hard belly, I'm fine.

Oh, and did I mention that I am hungry All.The.Time? Damn diet.

I did my gestational diabetes test on Friday. And, even though I consider myself intelligent, I screwed up the instructions. I woke up early on Friday, showered and got ready so I can get to the lab shortly after 8:00. I was told to drink the lovely orange beverage within five minutes and then race to the lab to ensure I would get there within an hour. So I did. I chugged the orange beverage (which tastes like flat orange soda, three times as sugary with a chemical aftertaste), drove to the lab and was there at 8:10.

What they didn't tell me was that they don't draw your blood until an hour after you drank the beverage. Greaaaat. So, I had to wait until close to 9:00 to have my blood drawn. Meanwhile, I haven't eaten anything and it was time for my morning pills, which I could not take.

Finally, after almost losing the contents of my very empty stomach, I was brought back. After five (FIVE!) vials of blood were drawn, I was on my way out. I was home within fifteen minutes and finally got something to eat.

Did I pass? I have no idea. I haven't heard. I suppose my doctor will go over the results with me at my appointment on the 20th.

So, there is my whining for the day. Yes, I am extremely happy for this baby. I thank God every day for my son. But, I feel like crud sometimes. The good news is that tomorrow is another day. I will (hopefully) feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment