Friday, October 30, 2009

Operation Weight Watch

So all this week I have been a good girl. I have been a good girl after getting my "fat" news from the doctor last week. I am taking his advice. I am cutting calories and getting some exercise.

Here is what I have been up to: Walking almost every day for 30 minutes on my lunch. Eating between 1780 to 1820 calories. I aim for 1800 calories a day but some days I am under and some days I am over. Before anyone has a panic attack, I assure you that 1800 calories is plenty for a pregnant woman to eat. Especially for a pregnant woman who is already overweight.

I am trying very hard to get in tons of veggies and fruit. I was doing this before but I am making more of an effort now. So far this week, I did two hours of yardwork on Saturday. I walked for 30 minutes on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and today (Friday). I couldn't on Wednesday because I was short on time at work due to standing around waiting to get my H1N1 vaccine (that's a whole nother story).

So I have been good. Today, I am really craving pizza. I am not depriving myself of pizza so I decided to splurge and buy a Lean Cuisine Pepperoni Pizza. And because I am trying to get in my veggie servings, I am also having a nice, big salad.

I even baked last weekend and was still able to stick to my calorie intake. I really want to impress not only myself but my doctor at my next appointment in November. I don't want to get the "fat" talk again. It was more than humiliating.

No comments:

Post a Comment