Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baby Number Two

I will be the first to admit that "adult" time in our house is rather, shall we say........limited. With Jason and I working different schedules, and a child that doesn't sleep, it makes it difficult to have much time together. The last time we did "the deed", it was on my cycle day 11. I don't chart, but I do keep track of my days on a calendar, just in case. I remember thinking "Oh, no problem, it's only day 11".

Fast forward to my time in New Hampshire. I was due to get my period the Monday I arrived. Nothing like Aunt Flo to ruin a vacation! When Monday and Tuesday both came and went with nada, I thought to myself "Eh, it's just stress from traveling and a death in the family. No worries!". Wednesday, nothing. Thursday, nothing. My mom and sisters and I happened to be out running errands, so I grabbed a test. Why not rule it out? Anyways, everyone knows that once you actually purchase a pregnancy test, your period will mysteriously arrive.

We got back to my Mom's house and I tested. As I was cleaning up the bathroom, I looked down and lo and behold. Positive. There was absolutely no doubt. Unlike other pregnancy tests I have taken, this one was very dark and very noticeable.

I walked around in shock for the rest of the day. I did make some time to call Jason and he was shocked, but very excited. His excitement made ME excited. I think my biggest worry was where we were going to put another baby in this tiny house. I was also worried how I would possibly love another child as much as I love Jack. I felt a little guilt about bringing another baby into the world and taking attention away from our son.

Please don't get me wrong. We knew we were going to have another baby someday. These thoughts were all ones that I had pondered, but at the moment I found out, they all came to the forefront.

When I woke up on Friday morning, the fears had all left me. I was now very excited. Was our baby going to be another boy? Or a girl? Would I have morning sickness this time? How would Jack react to a new baby?

This pregnancy is very very different from my pregnancy with Jack. That in itself worries me. I was terribly sick with Jack, had a ton of fatigue, and was ravenous all day. This time, I have nothing. Does that mean my baby is okay? I have to worry until June 10th when I have my first OB appointment.

In the meantime, today I am pregnant and I love my baby. Keep growing little one! And if you want to grace me with some symptoms, I will welcome them with open arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment