Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mish Mash

I have a lot of random stuff to post about.  It's easier to do snippets rather than type everything out.

* Jack hasn't thrown up since last Wednesday!  I credit the soy milk.  The only side effect?  The world's stinkiest diapers.

* HOWEVER, he now has another virus.  After a very high fever Monday and a trip to the pediatrician, his poor little body is recovering.  When will this poor child catch a break?

* I have a 4 day work week which is awesome considering how crazy last week was.  I plan to spend my Friday off by finish up the painting in this house.  I lead an exciting life huh?

* Our 5 year anniversary is Friday.  I can't believe it's been 5 years.

* On another anniversary note, we are staying the night here on Saturday and enjoying a nice dinner at the Black Rabbit.  It's one of our favorite places to go.  I have already scouted the menu and I know that Jason is going to be ordering the rib eye.  I will probably get the steak medallions unless there is another special that catches my eye.

* Have I mentioned that my older sister is expecting another baby?  And it's going to be a BOY!  She already has a 2 year old and this baby is due in March.  I love that we are going to have newborns at the same time again.

* I am ridiculously excited for the holidays this year.  I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and when you have little ones, it just seems so much more special.  My due date is shortly after Christmas which makes me a little bit nervous that I am going to go early but I will remain positive!  We have lists already for Jack.  We plan to buy him one "big" gift and then a couple of smaller gifts.  His "big" gift is going to be a play kitchen.  It's wooden and nice quality and small enough to fit in our small living room.

* The Duggars announced that they are expecting baby #20.  Why does everyone seem to have a negative opinion about this?  Yes, she is of an advanced maternal age.  Her last baby had complications but they don't have any correlation to her age.  I am personally happy for the family and think they are so grounded and faithful.  Haters need to zip it!

* I made an interesting soup this weekend out of Food Network magazine.  It's a variation of a chicken noodle soup.  It contained toasted spaghetti noodles, chick peas and a bunch of cilantro.  It was very healthy and tasty!  I would link the recipe but it's not on their website.  Intead, here is a picture:



* This pregnancy is so much more different than Jack's.  I have been lucky enough not to have hardly any of the same symptoms.  I didn't have severe morning sickness.  My hips don't hurt as much.  My heartburn (when I have it) isn't horrible.  I have gained weight at a slower rate.  It just seems so different!  I wonder if my body knows what to do this time or something?

* I have a kitten post that I am going to be doing later.  I am pretty disgusted by humanity right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment