I have a lot of random stuff to post about. It's easier to do snippets rather than type everything out.
* Jack hasn't thrown up since last Wednesday! I credit the soy milk. The only side effect? The world's stinkiest diapers.
* HOWEVER, he now has another virus. After a very high fever Monday and a trip to the pediatrician, his poor little body is recovering. When will this poor child catch a break?
* I have a 4 day work week which is awesome considering how crazy last week was. I plan to spend my Friday off by finish up the painting in this house. I lead an exciting life huh?
* Our 5 year anniversary is Friday. I can't believe it's been 5 years.
* On another anniversary note, we are staying the night here on Saturday and enjoying a nice dinner at the Black Rabbit. It's one of our favorite places to go. I have already scouted the menu and I know that Jason is going to be ordering the rib eye. I will probably get the steak medallions unless there is another special that catches my eye.
* Have I mentioned that my older sister is expecting another baby? And it's going to be a BOY! She already has a 2 year old and this baby is due in March. I love that we are going to have newborns at the same time again.
* I am ridiculously excited for the holidays this year. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and when you have little ones, it just seems so much more special. My due date is shortly after Christmas which makes me a little bit nervous that I am going to go early but I will remain positive! We have lists already for Jack. We plan to buy him one "big" gift and then a couple of smaller gifts. His "big" gift is going to be a play kitchen. It's wooden and nice quality and small enough to fit in our small living room.
* The Duggars announced that they are expecting baby #20. Why does everyone seem to have a negative opinion about this? Yes, she is of an advanced maternal age. Her last baby had complications but they don't have any correlation to her age. I am personally happy for the family and think they are so grounded and faithful. Haters need to zip it!
* I made an interesting soup this weekend out of Food Network magazine. It's a variation of a chicken noodle soup. It contained toasted spaghetti noodles, chick peas and a bunch of cilantro. It was very healthy and tasty! I would link the recipe but it's not on their website. Intead, here is a picture:
* This pregnancy is so much more different than Jack's. I have been lucky enough not to have hardly any of the same symptoms. I didn't have severe morning sickness. My hips don't hurt as much. My heartburn (when I have it) isn't horrible. I have gained weight at a slower rate. It just seems so different! I wonder if my body knows what to do this time or something?
* I have a kitten post that I am going to be doing later. I am pretty disgusted by humanity right now.