Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Weight Watchers - This Time Around

As mentioned in my last post, I have started Weight Watchers again.  I am not making any goals or promises to lose 100 pounds so I don't set myself up for failure.  I know that many people strive towards goals but to me?  They overwhelm me.  I am going to try and just focus on healthy eating in the hopes that I lose a little each week.

I am going to try to do things different this time in terms of my eating.  In the past, some of my favorite snacks have been processed foods:  100-Calorie snack packs, crackers, yogurt with artificial sweeteners, cereal.  I am not saying these foods are horrible.  I am still going to eat some of them.  However, I find that they don't fill me up.  I want to try and focus on whole foods.  More veggies, more fruits, Greek yogurt with no additives, hummus, nut butters, and whole grain carbs.

Some of my snacks this time around are going to consist of popcorn, carrots with hummus, apples and peanut butter, fresh fruit, veggie sticks and Greek yogurt.

For breakfast, I have been making a smoothie that is super low in Points and packed with vitamins.  It is technically a green smoothie because it has spinach in it but I don't even taste the spinach.

Rachel's Breakfast Smoothie

2 cups of fresh spinach
1/2 cup Greek nonfat yogurt
1/2 cup milk (I use 1%)
1 medium banana
4-6 strawberries

Blend and enjoy!

Since this only has 3 Points I will have something else with it.  This morning it was an English muffin with a bit of peanut butter.

I love sandwiches for lunch and will continue to eat them but instead, I like using wraps or sandwich thins (processed food alert!).  My favorite thing to eat for lunch is soup and my favorite Weight Watchers soup of all time is this one from my old cooking blog.  It's amazing, filling, easy and I will need to make a batch for this upcoming week.

I have a few recipes that I have tagged to make, including Summer Vegetables with Chicken Sausage and Potatoes, Chicken Basil Calzones, Crunchy Chicken Fingers and some other yummy things.  I plan on posting recipes like I have done in the past so stay tuned for that.

I will not be posting my before weight.  It's too embarrassing.  I do plan on posting if I gain/lose each week and keep track of that total.  Maybe if I feel comfortable later on, I will post before and after pictures.  Maybe.

Keep me on track peeps.  Seriously, I don't want to fall off the wagon.  I need this.  My body needs this.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/01/2013

    I am with you... I did WW for about a month and a half earlier this year, lost some weight (also embarassed to admit my starting weight), lost 15 pounds, and fell off the wagon :( gaining 7 pounds back. I will need you to keep me on track, too!! I find it really hard at night when I am home and feel most hungry :( :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell off the WW wagon and keep telling myself I'm going to get back on. (I keep saying, "Tomorrow...") I'm with you in terms of not setting a specific goal. When I first started attending meetings way back when I avoided telling them what my goal was because I figured, "Hey, if I lose some weight, that's success to me."

    ReplyDelete