Monday, October 4, 2010

In a Funk

All should be happy and well today, but it's not. I am in a funk. I took the day off of work so Jack could have a follow up visit with the pediatrician for his ears.

That is why I am in a funk. I don't think his ear infection is cleared up. This is going on a month now, two rounds of antibiotics (one a very strong, bacteria resistant kind), and many painful, sleepless nights.

Jack has been pulling on his ears all weekend, and his sleep is once again affected. I have had many people try and say "Oh he's fine, I am sure his ears are just draining". I want to scream at these people because I know my child. He doesn't wake up in the middle of the night squirming and crying for no reason. His ears aren't just draining and itchy. Something is wrong.

I hate to say this, but should we take bets? I have a feeling his infection(s) is not gone. If that is the case, I am not sure what other course of treatment they can take. Maybe a shot of high dose meds? Tubes possibly? I can't stand seeing my baby in pain. I want it to be gone so he can be happy and sleep well. I will do anything I can for him to feel better. If there was a way that I could take his ear infections away and give them to myself, I would.

I will update after his doctor's appointment. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think I am. I want this funk to go away and I want to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment