Happy 8 months my sweet boy! I cannot believe how different this post will be from last month. It seems that in the span of four short weeks, you grew up. This makes me excited, but also sad. I sometimes mourn for my tiny little baby, but then I remember that you have so much more personality now.
* You are crawling like CRAZY! Daddy and I will put you down on the floor but we absolutely cannot leave the room or turn our back because if we do, you are already in another room or fiddling with something on the shelf or playing with the knobs on the receiver.
* You have a fascination over the books on our shelves in the living room. You would happily sit for hours and rearrange them and take them off the shelves if we let you. I call it "redecorating" but most people would probably call it "destruction".
* Anything adult piques your interest. You want everything and anything that Mommy or Daddy has. The tv remote, our cell phones, the water bottle, Mommy's laptop (even as we speak you are reaching for it). We gave you your very own keyboard to bang on so Daddy's wouldn't have to take the brunt of your wee hands.
* Goodness gracious do you love to jump! You are constantly jumping on our lap, on our floor, when we are holding you. The other night, you were even jumping in your sleep. It made for a long night for me, but you certainly didn't seem to mind.
* You officially are standing. I caught you standing up in your crib for the first time the other night. Time to lower the mattress!
* You have two teeth, both on the bottom. You have now had two ear infections back to back, you are wearing size 3 diapers and 6 month clothing (although your pants are getting too short).
* Food is finally becoming more the norm. You are taking to solids pretty well. Even though you should be up to three meals by now, you started late and we are taking our time with you. Your favorites are carrots and green beans! Applesauce is your least favorite. I always though babies LOVED applesauce? If we try and give you chunks of food when you are not hungry or it's later in the evening, you usually get sick. Your gag reflex takes over and Mommy will get thrown up on. We learned pretty quickly that we shouldn't feed you after 6:00. Sort of like a Gremlin right?
* You babble like crazy even though it usually sounds more like "bababababab" or "mamamama"
* Can I mention your reflux? It seems to have gone away! When you got your first ear infection, we had to stop giving you the Prevacid for your tummy. After your ear infection went away, your stomach miraculously seemed better! You have been off your medication now for almost a month and you are eating more on a schedule and throw up less than before. Halleluah!
Jack Emmett, you are so much fun. Mom hardly ever gets a break, but you make me smile so much every day that it's worth it. Showering, eating and cleaning are rare these days, but as long as you are happy, I don't care. I love you Buggy! Your Daddy loves you too!
Keep growing big boy!