Monday, December 20, 2010

Three Weeks Really?

Has it really been almost three weeks since my last post? Sheesh, time is flying! I blame the fact that little man is so darn mobile and that it's Christmas. My free time (ha!) is spent shopping and wrapping.

I am going to keep this short, but I am on vacation this week and I have a goal: Update my blog at least every other day. I don't think that is too hard a proposition.

Here are some things that little man are up to:

* He took his first step on Friday. GULP! I don't think I am ready for this!

* He is eating really well. Trying new food, eating more at a sitting, etc.

* He is doing this screeching thing. It's really annoying when it's not cute.

* He amazingly, has taken to longer naps. If I catch him at the right time, he will sleep for an hour, or sometimes an hour-and-a-half! Praise God!

* He is coming to church with me. I haven't blogged a lot about my spiritual journey (it's taken place over several years), but it's important to me to raise Jack as a Christian. He is too little to understand church at this stage, but he's getting practice in the church nursery.

* I am trying hard not to go overboard with Christmas, but it's not working out so well. We bought him four wooden Melissa and Doug toys (which are awesome by the way), a set of musical instruments, a baby piano, two new books, and a huge stocking full of goodies. Honestly, I think our total spent was $100, but still. He is going to enjoy playing with the boxes more.

* Having a baby makes Christmas so much fun! My spirit is light, I am so full of joy, and giddy with excitement. I can't wait for Christmas morning. He won't remember it, but I certainly will. It's also one of the first Christmases in several years that Jason doesn't have to work! Our first Christmas as a family. What a blessing.

That's about it folks. I am trying to squeeze in some housework while the boy naps. My goal means that I will have until Wednesday to update my blog again. I hope I can come up with a good topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment