Monday, June 13, 2011

All Alone

I am all alone and in a strange city. What am I going to do for the next four days without my boys, especially my Jack Jack?

Let me explain. I am in Denver, Colorado for orientation for my new job. I mentioned that I got my dream job a few weeks ago and it's finally happening. I flew in this afternoon and got settled into the hotel room (which is huge by the way - I could entertain in here). Now I sit trying to figure out what on earth I am going to do. Yes, I do have work to do, but I am free in the evenings and am actually free right now until tomorrow morning. It's 2:30. Too early for dinner, too hot to do much walking outside, and tv just seems boring.

What scares me the most is how much I am going to miss Jack. I have never left him this long. The longest I have been away from his is overnight. A full 24 hours. This is like 4 of those 24 hours. Booooo! It's going to be weird not having a toddler snuggling in bed with me at 2:00am. However, my pregnant, fat body needs some rest, so I should consider this a good thing.

Jack is happily at home with Daddy. Jason took today and tomorrow off work so he could care for Jack. Nana will be taking over on Wednesday until I get home. I worry, not because Jason can't handle it, but because Jack is definitely a momma's boy. And let's face it, Jason hasn't cared for Jack more than 2 hours at a time since he was a newborn. He is perfectly capable and he's not nervous at all. Me, being slightly OCD made lists. Lots of them. What Jack likes to eat, a rough schedule of his day, what he should pack when going to Nana's. Seriously, Jason is not a dummy. He can do it. I think the lists were more for my own peace of mind.

I bet my son won't even miss me. After all, he didn't cry when I walked away at the airport. Jason said he went down like a log at naptime. He will be just fine. Mommy? Probably not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment