It's been a while since I updated, so here goes!
* Jack's sleep has improved greatly. It all started when I accidentally let him cry it out. It honestly was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The longest he cried was the first night and that was 15 minutes and he didn't cry the whole time. Ever since then, I put him down fully awake and he falls asleep on his own! He still doesn't sleep through the night, but we are working on it. On Sunday, he slept in his crib the ENTIRE night. He woke up several times, but we were able to pat him and tell him "night night" and he would put himself back to sleep.
* I feel gross. Between nausea, terrible allergies and daily headaches, I am spent by the end of the day. I am going to bed at 8:00 most nights and I use the excuse that I am pregnant. Hey, whatever works right?
* After listening to my older sister talk about cloth diapers and doing some investigation on my own, we have decided to try cloth with the next baby. Jason still needs a bit of convincing, but his response is "Whatever you want honey". Score! I ordered just two covers to start with. A Flip pocket cover and a Thirsties pocket cover. I need to find some inserts now. I have a particular kind that I want to use, and the only place I have successfully found them is at garage sales. Guess I had better start purusing the garage sales around here.
* Jack still isn't talking much, but he is very good at imitating. If I say "head" and pat my head, he does it back. I know he can say words, he just doesn't want to. His vocabulary is good. If I ask him where the following items are, he will point to them or go and bring them to me: coat, shoes, duck, ball, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, head, feet, hands, belly, cat, cup, milk, bottle, pacifier. He can also blow kisses, wave bye-bye, and clap his hands if I ask him too. Personally, I think he is just stubborn.
* Is it too early to feel movement from this new kiddo? I am only 10 weeks, but I swear to you that I am feeling flutters in my belly. I keep trying to tell myself it's gas, but I know what gas feels like.
* Getting Jack in from outside is Hell. Seriously, he loves being outside and if I, or anyone else, try to bring him inside, he kicks, cries and pitches a fit. I guess he is just an outdoor type. He doesn't really play. He just squats down and picks up grass, rocks and sticks. He is more than content just doing that.
* I am being brave and squeezing myself into a bathing suit for the next 8 Saturdays. Jack has swim lessons! I hope he enjoys them. He looks awfully cute in his swimming attire after all. Don't you think?