Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jack is 16 Months

I am a day early with this post, but my Dad arrives for a visit from the East coast tomorrow so I know I won't get a chance to update!

Jack Emmett, hello there big boy! This month has been pretty hectic for you, but in a good way.

Here are some things that you are up to lately:

* You got to take a cross-country trip earlier this month and you did great! You were such a good boy on the airplane. So good that many people commented that they didn't even hear or notice there was a toddler nearby. The time change affected you, but other than that, you did awesome.

* This past month you have been experiencing pretty severe separation anxiety. When I would try and leave you with anyone while back East, you would scream. Even if I left the room to go to the bathroom, you did NOT want Mommy gone.

* You have two top molars. They are still coming through, but they are about halfway. The bottom ones are a bit more pesky. They are swollen and painful but I haven't seen any sign of them! Maybe soon buddy.

* Because of the travel and teething, your sleep has been a bit disrupted. Mommy will work on that.

* You aren't talking a whole lot still, but you have become more interested in pointing and saying "Dat?" at objects. That is your way of saying "What's that?". It's so cute. Sometimes you will point to the same thing over and over again. I will slowly mouth the word to see if you can repeat it and you will just stare at my mouth and grin.

* You can identify both a nose and mouth. If I ask "Where is Mommy's nose?", you point right at it! Now I just need to convince you to point to your own face!

* You are eating more and more, although you certainly have your favorites. If it's pasta, ravioli or blueberries, you are sure to eat a TON! Mommy gave you a lemon slice just to see what you would do and surprise! You LOVED it. You wanted more. Funny boy!

* Mickey Mouse Clubhouse just might be your favorite thing ever. If you hear the Hotdog song, you will come running, no matter where you are in the house.

* More and more you sit and play with toys or read books for longer periods. You still would rather climb, explore and pull things off shelves, but you will sit for up to 10 minutes at a time and just play. Especially with your Fisher Price lawnmower.

Big boy, I am not looking forward to the 13th when I have to leave you for five days. I know you will have a blast with Daddy and Nana, but I sure will miss you! Don't do too many new things while I am gone.

I love you Jack Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment