Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Randoms

Happy Tuesday!

* I am very tired today.  More than normal.  I am not sure if it's the weather or the fact that Cal hasn't been sleeping all that great.

* Speaking of Cal and sleep, Jason and I made an agreement that if he isn't sleeping better by 6 months, we are going to start sleep training.  I was so against doing this with Jack but after we finally did it, I wish we had done it sooner.  We need to do something with Cal because him waking up every 2 hours at night still isn't healthy for him.  He needs better sleep.  I have a program in mind, I just need to read the book.  The dreaded Ferber method, dun dun dunnnnnn!  

* Want to hear something completely tragic?  I went out to our freezer in our shed the other day to put a bag of frozen breastmilk in.  Guess what?  The door had come open and all my frozen milk had thawed.  I had to throw out 500 ounces of frozen breastmilk.  Trust me when I say I wanted to cry.

* I ordered Cal a Baltic Amber teething necklace.  Bunk?  Maybe, but if it helps him, great.  He's been miserable and drooly.  A lady at my Weight Watchers meeting had her little boy there and he was wearing one.  After talking to her about it, I was convinced.  We shall see.

* I am back on the tracking wagon for Weight Watchers.  After my weigh-in I realized that I need to be more diligent and track and not allow myself any "cheats".  Meaning, I can't take a Saturday off and eat what I want without tracking because I overeat.  Duh, this is why I am fat!

* I am on call this week for work.  Which means I can't do anything this weekend because if I get paged, I need to respond and fix the issue.  I can leave the house but I would have to take my work laptop with me and what fun is that?

* I am getting excited for summer and all the farmer's markets we have in the area.  I took Jack to one last year and it was amazing!  Heirloom tomatoes, fresh blueberries, flowers and homemade breads.  I want to stock up on tomatoes since they are my favorite food and I can honestly make a whole meal out of them.

That's about it for now. I am working on a snack and a Week's Worth of Dinner post for the week.  I am going out of my comfort zone in terms of snacks so check that out when I post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment