Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Randoms Post aka I Am Tired

Today will be a randoms post because I am tired and don't have a whole topic that is interesting enough to write about.

* Jack has an ear infection.  The only reason I knew to even take him in to the pediatrician is because he woke up in the middle of the night on Sunday asking for me to clean his ears.  "Tatos tatos".  Which meant potatoes because we always joke we are digging out potatoes when cleaning his ears.

* His left tube was in his ear canal so the pediatrician actually pulled it out.  That is the ear with the infection. The right tube is still in place and was free of infection.  I really hope he doesn't need new tubes.  We shall see what this winter holds for him and his poor ears.

* CAL HAS A TOOTH!  It finally popped through three days ago.  And because he has to be different, it's a top tooth.  Don't babies typically get their bottom teeth first?  He was absolutely miserable the night before it broke through.  He would not sleep.  I had to hold him from 3:00 to 6:00 while he pretty much screamed in pain.  Nothing helped him.  Baby Advil, teething tablets, being rocked, Orajel.  It all around sucked.

* I worked 62 hours last week.  Let me tell you how thrilled I am about that.  I worked every single day including Saturdays and Sundays.  Notice I put that in plural. Work has been stressful.  I won't blog about work for privacy issues but it's been rough.

* I attended my knitting class on the 20th and had to leave after 5 minutes because I got a page for work.  I am heading back this week and am very happy about that.  I scrapped my original project because it had too many mistakes and I am a perfectionist.  Instead, I am working on a mouse hat for Jack.  It is going to be so super cute!  I already have two more projects lined up too!

* We have had some fun new recipes lately.  I will do a post about that soon, I swear.  I also made a neat Fall themed snack mix yesterday as a special treat for the boy.

* Jason and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary on the 11th of November.  Guess what?  We are going away for the weekend.  The entire weekend.  By ourselves.  Eeeek!  More to come on that as well.

* It's raining here which is completely normal.  It will be an interesting Halloween tomorrow with two small children and ran.  We are heading to our in-laws' house to go Trick-or-Treating since our neighborhood is kind of scary at night.

Upcoming posts (I swear!):

* One Funny Kid
* More tasty recipes
* Our Anniversary
* Halloween


No comments:

Post a Comment