Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Funny Little Dude

Jack is a funny kid.  Lately, he is getting to the stage where he will say anything on his mind and while this is okay at home, it's not so okay out in public.  And so begins the years of public embarrassment and apologies.

The other day at the store, a man was wearing a knit hat.  Jack pointed right at him and yelled "Snowman mama!".  I have no idea where he came up with that but it was pretty funny.  The man just looked at him and then looked at me and smiled.

There are so many examples of funny stuff he says.  He is super inquisitive and also will correct you if you answer a question incorrectly.  For example, I was changing his diaper the other day and he farted.  Loud.  I giggled and said "Nice fart Jack".  He looks at me very seriously and says "No Mama, that toot".  I guess toots and farts are different in his mind.

We were at the grocery store the other day and I picked up a butternut squash to put in my cart.  Jack was with me, saw the squash and says "Peanut".  Well, it DOES look like a rather large peanut no?


He also has an amazing memory.  I don't know what is typical or normal for a 2 1/2 year old but he remembers everything.  ::Mental note:: Don't ever tell him something that you want him to forget.  Because he won't.

We drove by a gas station and he says "Get gas Mama!".  I explained that I didn't need gas but used the opportunity to teach him something.  "Do you know why cars need gas Jack?".  "So they can go".  Okay, I did not teach him that.  He already knew.  Maybe Curious George taught him?  At any rate, somewhere along the line he learned it and remembered.

I wish I could document everything he says because when I am having a rotten day, I could read the post and feel better.

This kid cracks me up.


1 comment:

  1. Every time we pass a gas station, Ella asks if we need to stop for gas. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete