I am two days late posting this update since Jason and I were out of town for our anniversary.
There are lots of exciting things going on with Calvin the past couple of weeks. Here are some important noteables:
* Cal has two teeth! Both his top teeth have popped through. Oh my goodness how grown up does he look! So stinkin' cute.
* HE IS WALKING! We went away for the weekend and came back to a toddling baby. He took three unassisted steps over at Nana's this weekend. He has been trying but we have never seen him actually walk. Now he is taking steps all over the house. I give him about two weeks and he will be full on walking.
* Someone slept through the night last night. Cal went down to sleep at 7:30 and didn't wake up until 5:30. That is 10 hours of silence. He woke up at 5:30, drank his bottle and then went back down to sleep until 6:45. Yahooo! I don't expect him to do this all the time but boy was it nice.
* You spent your first night away from Mom and Dad this past weekend. Not only was it one night, but two! You did great over at Nana and Papa's and slept in their Pack N Play.
* He loves food. LOVES. If you are eating something and he wants a bite, he will bounce up and down on his feet until you give him a bite. He has actually started crying when you don't give him a bite fast enough. It would be pretty hysterical if it wasn't so pathetic. I promise we feed him. As you can see in the picture of the month, he is trying to steal what Jack is eating. We often hum the Jaws theme when Cal starts prowling around for food.
* Cal's favorite foods are anything fruit related (especially pears and peaches), Ritz crackers and peanut butter sandwiches. We try to feed him what we are eating so I don't have to prepare multiple meals. He loves feeding himself and we love to be able to eat without sticking a spoon in his mouth every second.
* Speaking of spoons, I gave you a spoon and a dish of Greek yogurt the other day so you could try and feed yourself. Amazingly enough, you did pretty well. I had you stripped down to just a diaper and a bib and a tablecloth under your highchair. I am super duper behind on having you learn with utensils and sippy cups (second child syndrome) so this was good practice.
* He is solidly in 12 month clothing. Since Jack was still in 9 month clothing at 10 months, a lot of Cal's stuff isn't really seasonally appropriate. Example: He wears Christmas pajamas most nights since his 12 month sleepers were all used by Jack around the holidays.
* Your favorite toys are pretty much anything that Jack is playing with. However, you do like "reading" which means pulling all the books off the shelf and flipping through them. I try to read to you but your attention span is really short. Maybe you will love books more as you get older. You also love putting things in things and opening and closing doors and drawers. You are happy to open and close the door on the play kitchen for minutes on end.
* You typically take a short morning nap and then a longer afternoon nap. If we time it right, you usually go down right after lunch and sleep until 3:00. You are certainly a better sleeper as you get older.
* As always, you are a super happy baby. Even when teething and not feeling well you still put on a smile. You are never too tired or grumpy to laugh or hand out smiles.
* Bathtime might be your favorite time of the day. Whether it's taking a bath by yourself or with big brother, you love it. You splash around, crawl in the tub and don't even mind getting your head wet. It's funny because you stand up against the side of the tub and get cold because you immediately sit back down. You repeat this several times and think it's hysterically funny. After bath you get either nakey time or diaper time where you play for a few minutes in the buff or in a diaper. You love this.
I wasn't great about taking pictures this past month, but here is a cute one of you in action. It was after bath and you were enjoying diaper time and trying to steal Jack's juice pop.