Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sample Menu - Weight Watchers

Down another 1.6 pounds as of my weigh-in on Saturday.  Since I have only been on plan for 2 weeks, that makes my total 2.6 pounds.  Yay me!

I am posting my sample menu for two days so you can see what types of things I eat on a daily basis.  Maybe this will give you some ideas for meals or snacks.

Tuesday Menu

Breakfast:  Large cup of coffee with CoffeeMate Creme Brulee creamer (5 Points Plus), Breakfast smoothie (1/2 nonfat Greek yogurt, 2 cups of spinach, a medium banana, handful of strawberries) (2 Points Plus), bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal with milk (5 Points Plus).

Notes:  You will notice that I eat a lot of Points for breakfast.  I start my day at 6:00 and I usually drink my coffee first.  The actual food portion of my breakfast comes later.  I need to stay full until lunch and if I pack on a lot of healthy food in the morning, I don't feel the need to snack a lot early in the day.

Lunch:  Quinoa salad (I made quinoa the other night with satueed onions and red peppers simmered in chicken broth.  I tossed this some leftover cold roasted broccoli and it was sooooo good!) (5 Points Plus), Fage Blueberry Greek Yogurt (3 Points Plus), handful of cherry tomatoes (0 Points Plus), medium apple (0 Points Plus).

Snack:  1 cup of baby carrots (0 Points Plus), 1/4 cup of hummus (3 Points Plus), 2 tablespoons Better'n Peanut Butter on a sandwich thin (5 Points Plus), Special K Thin Crisps (3 Points Plus).

Notes:  I eat a large snack (and yes, this was all consumed at once) because I find that I get hungry mid-afternoon.  This would probably be considered a meal and I am okay with that.

Dinner:  Chicken Taco Chili (5 Points Plus), 1 small piece of cornbread (2 Points Plus), roasted asparagus (0 Points Plus), SkinnyCow ice cream sandwich (4 Points Plus).

You can see that I did eat some processed foods in there (Thin Crisps, coffee creamer) but over all, it's chock full of fruits and veggies.

Total for the day:  42 Points Plus - 5 of these are Flex Points.  I try and use about 5 of those every day or save them for the week so I can splurge on the weekend.

Wednesday Menu

Breakfast:  Large cup of coffee with CoffeeMate Creme Brulee creamer (5 Points Plus), Breakfast smoothie (1/2 nonfat Greek yogurt, 2 cups of spinach, a medium banana, handful of blueberries and peaches) (2 Points Plus), 3 egg whites scrambled with 1/4 cup low-fat cheese in a light tortilla (5 Points Plus).

Notes:  My smoothie fruit varies every day.  I will sometimes do all peaches, or just strawberries.  Whatever strikes my fancy.

Lunch:  Quinoa salad - today with leftover roasted cauliflower (5 Points Plus), string cheese (2 Points Plus), Fage Honey Greek yogurt (4 Points Plus), handful of grapes (0 Points Plus).

Snack:  Apple (0 Points Plus), 2 tablespoons Better'n Peanut Butter on a sandwich thin (5 Points Plus), Special K Thin Crisps (3 Points Plus).

Dinner:  Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese (6 Points Plus), roasted broccoli (0 Points Plus), orange (0 Points Plus), SkinnyCow ice cream bar (4 Points Plus).

Notes:  Dinner didn't have enough food so I am adding the orange.  I didn't feel like making a salad.  Eh, I am lazy.

Total for the day:  41 Points Plus - 4 of these are Flex Points.

All in all, not bad!  I do make sure and drink tons of water also. I try and average about 64 ounces but some days it's more and some days it's less.

What do you think?  Have any good snack ideas?  I tend to eat the same snacks over and over so variety is good.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment