Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday Random Post

This post will be all over the place, much like my brain lately.

* Potty training is the SUCK.  I know, judge away that my over 3 year old is still not potty trained.  We have tried everything:  A reward box with non-food items that he can pick, candy, threats, following the Stress Free Potty Training method, putting him in underwear, having him run around pantless, and basically not caring.  NOTHING.IS.WORKING.  Everyone says that he will do it in his own time, but you know what?  He can do this.  It's frustrating for us.  He is so strong willed and when we try and put him in underwear, he intentionally pees in them and laughs about it.  Last week, he was doing a good job of pooping on the potty and we rewarded him with a trip to the indoor play place.  That same tactic this week?  Not working.  Dammit, he needs to be potty trained before school starts in September.  Gah!

* One pretty neat potty training story:  Jason and I are were arguing about something stupid last week when we realized the house was awfully quiet.  Cal and Beau were accounted for.  Jack was not.  I called out "Jack, where are you?".  He called back "I going poop!".  He had gone into the bathroom himself, pulled down the toilet lid, flipped the potty seat on, got his stool out, pulled his pants and Pull Up off and pooped.  We were shocked.  And amazed.  He got a lot of jelly beans for that.

* I am currently in puppy kindergarten with Beau. I did the orientation last week and this week is our first class with the dog.  I have been doing our homework every day which consists of having him recognize his name and sit by using a hand motion.  Like most dog parents I would like to think my dog is smart.  He caught on super fast.  He doesn't even need a treat to encourage him anymore.  He just sits when I put my hand up.

* I have been running my kids ragged (not really) lately.  I have been making an effort to get out of the house and get them moving and doing something.  In the past month, we have done the following:  The zoo, the water park, aquarium, several parks, Dizzy Castle which is a huge indoor playground, Pump It Up (an indoor jump place), walks with the dog, and trips to the pet store and grocery store.  It's been hectic, but good because it gives them something to look forward to, gets ME out of the house for my own sanity and helps burn some energy so they hopefully sleep better.

* Oh my God, sleep.  I really can't complain in this department.  Cal has been sleeping through the night for about 2 months now.  I have been afraid of saying that since I don't want to jinx anything.  He even has been sleeping through the night with an ear infection!  However, one sucky thing?  They wake up early.  I used to be able to count on 7:00am.  Now with the time change and the fact that it's lighter outside Jack wakes up at 6:00ish.  Ugh.  I need to get blackout curtains for their room.

* Our fence is going up!  Our contractor currently has all the posts in.  He is working on the railings next.  He is doing the work in small increments but that's okay with us.  As long as he finishes up in the next two weeks or so, we will be happy.

* I haven't weighed in for a couple of weeks (see bullet with kiddo activities above) but I plan on going on Saturday.  Hopefully it's a loss!

That's about it for now.  No pictures today.  That would take effort and I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment