Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Things I Love Lately

I am loving some things lately so I thought I would share the love and why I love them.

Fage Yogurt



I have always loved Fage (pronounced Fa-yeh) but now that I am on Weight Watchers, I want all my snacks to count and be satisfying.  I love the flavors and the fact the puree or honey comes in a separate compartment in the container.  I can pour it in or scoop it at random.  There is a great variety of flavors but my favorite is the blueberry.

Coconut Oil

Coconut oil is huge right now.  Use it as a substitute in cooking and baking, skincare, baby bottom care, etc. There are seriously a million uses for it.  What is my favorite use?  To take care of my serious chicken skin (Keratosis Pilaris) on my arms.  I had been previously using a pricier product, which is totally great by the way, but this method is much more cost effective and the scents are more pleasing.

I use CJ's BUTTer in many many different scents.  My current favorite is Coconut Lime Dream, but I also love Pink Sugar and Oatmeal, Milk and Honey.

Originally, I bought these little sample tubs for Cal to use as a diaper rash preventive.  However, I found that he doesn't really need them so I re-purposed them for myself.  No guilt here!


I love what CJ's does for my arms.  I put it on after I shower and the oil starts out solid but melts as you rub it in.  It doesn't make my skin greasy like you would think with an oil.  My chicken skin is not itchy, it's noticeably less red and hey!  I smell really good.

Obviously you don't want to cook with a scented oil so there are other brands out there.  I know Trader Joe's has their own bottle of coconut oil with no scent that you can use for cooking or a myriad of other things.

Candy Crush Saga

Damn you Candy Crush!  Why must you suck me in with your fun and addicting game?!?  I love Candy Crush.  I play on my table at night to wind-down after our hectic days.  Even though it will sometimes take me days or weeks to finish a level, I still come back to this time suck.


I sort of hope to get to the end of all the levels so I can find time to do other things at night.  Or maybe not.

Maxi Dress

I decided to sort of be trendy and buy a maxi dress for myself.  I wanted a lightweight one that I can wear in the heat of the summer but one that would be flattering on my uh....large body shape.  I found one!


I bought the exact dress above at Kohl's.  It's their Sonoma Life and Style brand which is generally geared towards the more casual (aka OLD) folks.  I tried it on and loved it!  I wore it on Mother's Day with casual sandals and it was so so so so so comfortable.  With the $30 price tag, this is an all over win.

Loopy Vodka

My sister told me about this vodka.  It's Fruit Loop flavored!  I am not a big drinker but sometimes, in the evenings after a stressful day, I like a drink.  Sometimes a beer, sometimes wine, sometimes something stronger.


I added a shot of this to some Diet Sprite last night and it was really good!  One ounce of this is only 2 Points Plus so it isn't a huge indulgence.  

These are some of my favorite things lately.  If you try any of these, let me know!

1 comment: