Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Knitting Projects

I have been trying to get a few projects finished lately so I can start something new.  Here are my finished, in progress and on-the-horizon projects.

All projects were downloaded off of Ravelry unless otherwise noted.

This scarf is for my mom.  I really wish you could see the beauty of the yarn from the picture but it's hard to get a good picture with my crappy camera.

Just Enough Ruffles scarf
Yarn credit:  Malabrigo Rios in Purple Mystery


It has a beautiful ruffle edge and a curve shape which included learning a new technique for me (wrap and turn).  The yarn is actually purple, not royal blue like the picture appears.


My next finished project is a hat, also for my mom.  She requested a slouchy beret and I found the project below.

Simple Slouchy Beanie
Yarn credit:  Lion Brand, Tweed Stripe in Mixed Berries

This was so super easy and quick to knit.  I hope she likes it.  Jack is modeling the finished project.


The next project was an infinity cowl that my cousin requested ages ago.  I started it and would work on it occasionally.  I finally bucked up and finished it.  I hope she likes it!

GAP-tastic Cowl
Yarn credit:  Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky in Fisherman

Here is a close up of the project in progress:


Finished!  It's folded in half here so it looks shorter than it is.


On me

  
This is a project that I found that took minimal yarn.  I had a ball of leftover yarn from a hat project and it was too pretty not to use so I am making a matching scarf for myself to go with my winter hat.  It
is a very easy project and I am working on it when I am bored with something else.

Malabrigo Waffles Scarf
Yarn Credit:  Madelinetosh Tosh Vintage in Carmine (I believe it is discontinued).  I don't have a picture of the scarf in progress but here is the yarn:


I kept promising Jason a pair of slipper socks.  His only request was a "manly" color and some tread on the bottom.  When I am done knitting the other sock, I will put puff paint on the bottom for some tread/grip.

Coco Knits Lucky 13 Bed Socks
Yarn Credit:  Lion Brand Hometown USA in Little Rock Granite

Here was what I spent my Saturday afternoon nap-time doing.  Iced coffee and knitting.  It was wonderful.


I started with just what was shown above and in an hour, I had this:


I have most of the other foot knitted.  I love this project because it's so quick and knits up in a day if you have the time.  If not, two or three days and you are done.

I have a list of probably 20 projects that I want to do (no exaggeration).  I am trying to get something knitted for Christmas for everyone.  It might just be the simple dishcloths below (Three Dishcloths by Joan James).


Or I might knit some ornaments (Santa Hat by Aimee Yago):


I have this yarn that I got on clearance and I am excited to use it (Lion Brand Alpine Wool in Blueberry):


I have this hat picked out which is scary.  It's my first cabling project (Chunky Cable Hat by Emily Wessel)!  Won't it be pretty in the blue above?  I hope I can do it.  

1 comment:

  1. The infinity cowl is beautiful -- you're good!

    ReplyDelete