Friday, July 10, 2009

God Bless Peanut Butter

I haven't posted recently because of the following reasons:

1. I have been so nauseous that it's hard to concentrate.
2. I have been getting headaches. See above.
3. I am tired and don't really have the energy to do anything extra. See above above.

So, this is my first blog post in a very long time in blogger land. What changed tonight? Peanut butter. My friend Harmony posted a couple of days ago about having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. As I went to the store tonight to pick up a few essentials, I thought "Hmmm, that sounds really good". So, armed with my peanut butter, grape jam, baked potato chips and glass of milk, I sat down to dinner.

H.E.A.V.E.N.

Oh my goodness, it was so good! And guess what? It settled my stomach. I think it might be the shot of protein from not only the milk but the peanut butter paired with the carbohydrates. At any rate, it was fantastic. I found a new trick: eat protein at every meal and it will help with the morning sickness.

I have tried literally everything: Crackers (saltines work moderately), Jolly Ranchers (work really well), keeping food in my stomach at all times (worked for a while but not anymore), eating right before bed (doesn't work, makes me feel ill), and Sea Bands (eh, the jury's still out on this one).

I should consider myself lucky. Some women get so sick that they are hospitalized. Thankfully, my only puke adventure was on MAX the other morning. I had a trusty plastic bag that I have kept in my work bag just in case. It sure came in handy. I feel sorry for the other riders that were near me. They probably thought I was a drunk. Back to my original thought. I have faired pretty well. Yes I am nauseous and it's hard to concentrate at work, but I am still lucky. It could be a lot worse.

So, my next meal will be sure and contain peanut butter. Peanut butter and banana sandwich anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment