Sunday, July 19, 2009

It's Been a While

I can't believe it's been 9 days since I blogged. Wow, I am busy (or lazy). The past nine days have been interesting.

First and foremost. My morning sickness is virtually non-existant thanks to my doctor. I called and asked if I could take ginger pills because I had been feeling so crappy. After a couple of days of sitting on the couch doing nothing and throwing up breakfast, enough was enough. They told me to try vitamin B6 and Unisom. Yes, I know what you are thinking. Unisom is a sleeping pill. But, since it's working, I will not question it. I take the B6 four times a day and the Unisom twice a day and my morning sickness is a thing of the past. Hooray!

I went to my cousin's baby shower on Tuesday. It was so much fun! She looks so incredibly cute. She is 29 weeks pregnant and all belly. The shower was a hit. Her mom made yummy food (perfect for a hungry pregnant chick), and everyone brought the cutest gifts. Little Hazel will be the best dressed kid around!

I am a bachelorette for the next week. My husband left for his annual camping trip on Friday and won't be back until the following Sunday. So what does a girl do when her husband is out of town? Shop, eat, watch whatever girlie shows and movies she wants. Yesterday, I picked up a pair of super cute Keds at Kohl's on clearance. They will be perfect for walking around in Vegas. I also went to the mall in search of maternity clothes. That is a joke in itself. The only store that I remotely found anything was Motherhood Maternity. Even the big stores like Macy's, Sears, Nordstrom don't carry maternity. The selection is very limited which is very frustrating. I need a dressy top and skirt to wear in Las Vegas for a show. That isn't too much to ask is it?

So, my maternity clothes shopping continues. I suppose I could break down and shop at Old Navy, but their clothes never fit me right.

Since Jason is out of town, what should I do today? Currently I have a load of laundry going. I probably won't shower for a few more hours. I suppose I should do homework.

And my next appointment is on Friday! I hope it's a good one! I have been praying that we get to see/hear the baby's heartbeat again. I say we because my mother-in-law is going to my appointment with me. Jason is out of town so I needed some moral support. She is honestly the best lady in the world and always so positive. She is the perfect person for me to bring.

In most exciting news.......I ordered a diaper bag! I can't WAIT for it to get here! I ordered it on Etsy and it's custom made with my choice of fabric, zipper, pockets, etc. I picked a fabric that *I* like. Not something baby-ish. After all, I am the one carrying it. I wanted it to be something I love and something I can use after the baby grows up. As soon as it comes in, I will take a picture and post it (my first in this blog).

That's it for updates. It's been a busy 9 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment