Saturday, August 22, 2009

15 Week Appointment

I had a regularly scheduled doctor's appointment yesterday and boy was I glad! Since about Wednesday, I felt like I was getting a UTI. I had a lot of pressure on my bladder and my lower back was really bothering me. While these are not tell-tale signs of a UTI, they are not usual for me. So, I beared the annoyance until yesterday.

My appointment went really well. It was a short one. I did the standard pee in a cup and the weight check. My fat ass is up 4 pounds since my last appointment. For a total weight gain of 4 pounds so far. That doesn't seem that terrible. However, I am trying to keep my gain somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 pounds. We will see just how successful I am with that.

Dr. P measured my uterus. Well, he actually just poked around for it. I have been trying to do that for a few days but I felt nothing really significant. Turns out, I was feeling my uterus. Who knew?

Guess what? I DO have a UTI. Fun times. So, I got my prescription for Sulfa. Funny thing, it makes you more sensitive to the sun and you tend to burn easier. That's funny because I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow. I guess SPF 70 is in my future. At least now I know I am not crazy and that the symptoms I was feeling were due to the UTI.

I also scheduled my big ultrasound appointment. I was hoping it would be in another 4 weeks, but my doctor wants me to be "fully cooked" at 20 weeks. It's on Friday September 25th. My husband is already planning on taking the day off from work so we can go out and celebrate afterwards. I am 95% sure it's a girl and Jason is 95% sure it's a boy. Well, I guess one of us right!

No comments:

Post a Comment