Sunday, May 9, 2010

First Mother's Day and Stuff

Today is my very first Mother's Day! At this time last year, Jack wasn't even an embryo yet. Isn't that amazing to think that I wasn't even pregnant last year but this year, I have a 3 month old? Crazy.

My sweet boy is napping next to me on the couch. With help from his Daddy, he picked out a lovely amethyst and alexandrite necklace for me. Jack, your Dad is always good at getting Mommy jewelry. Try and remember that jewelry is always good for ladies.

My day will be spent car shopping. Not my ideal Mother's Day, but that's okay. My car is about to die and it's time for a new one. I have been putting it off for a while now. I need something reliable while transporting the wee one.

My dad is in town until tomorrow. He came to visit and see me graduate (yay!) and will be heading back to New Hampshire tomorrow. Guess who is going with him? Jack and I! I am nervous about our first long plane ride tomorrow. I am really hoping that all goes well with traveling. We leave Portland at 1:30 Pacific Time and get into New Hampshire at 11:35 Eastern Time. Yikes! That is going to make for a very long day. Go go jet lag!

What my boy has been up to: Drooling and licking. These are his new "tricks". I need to start putting bibs on him because seriously? The drool is out of control. I don't *think* he is teething yet, but you never know. Maybe he is just a drooly baby? On top of the drooling, Jack likes to lick things. I will be holding him and then when I change positions, my shirt will be soaked from him licking. He's not hungry when he does this. It's just one of his "things". Let's not forget to mention that he has a new affinity for sucking on his fists. He will do this when he's either hungry or needs to burp. The hunger I can understand, but the burp? Odd.

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends out there! I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment