Friday, May 28, 2010

I Survived

Today was my first day back to work. Why did I return to work on a Friday you may ask? Because I wanted to get paid for the Memorial Day holiday. I have been on an unpaid status for the past month so receiving a paycheck would be a good thing.

It was hard to return to work and get back into the swing of things after being off for four months. I had 1729 emails. Thank goodness I didn't need to respond to all of them.

I survived the day with no problem. I think that is because my mother-in-law watches Jack on Fridays. The rest of the week, Karen, our daycare provider will watch him. Ask me on Tuesday how I am feeling and I will let you know.

Jack did great today! He played with Nana all day and napped really well. When he came home, that was entirely another story. He was cranky and ate a ton and didn't sleep well.

Mama did great too. Here is my schedule for today:

5:00 (a.m.) : Up to pump and then immediately shower

6:00: Out of the shower and then take care of Jack before we leave. Change a diaper, top him off in the eating department and give him his Prevacid.

6:45: Meet Nana at Starbucks to drop Jack off. Get a cup of coffee

6:50: Park in the park-and-ride garage to catch the train into downtown.

7:00: On the train

7:40: Arrive at work

8:15: Pump

11:15: Pump

2:15: Pump

3:00: Leave work

4:00: Pick up Jack

Oh yeah, there was some work and eating in there too.

Pumping at work is not terrible at all. There is a designated room for nursing mom's and it's private. You can't even get into the room unless you have security access. The chairs are comfy, there are curtains, a private bathroom and a fridge to store your milk. Going down there three times today wasn't awful. It was actually a nice break.

Next week is going to be a little more tough. Karen will watch Jack Tuesday through Thursday and then Nana will take over again on Friday. I worry that Karen won't like watching Jack because of his feeding and napping issues. I worry that I am going to be a wreck. I worry that I am going to start regretting spending so much time away from him every day.

Ugh, can't I please win the lottery? Please?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on surviving your first day! I am sure you and Jack will both do great next week. Enjoy your three day weekend with your little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/29/2010

    That is so great they have a place for you to pump! We don't have that at school and I wouldn't be able to take a break every three hours :(

    ReplyDelete