Our little man is growing like a weed. Just yesterday, he fit into 3 month pants. Today, I put him in a 3 month pant and he was too long for them! Is it possible that he grew overnight?
Jack Jack, Daddy and I love you sooooo much. Not only do we love you, but you have a billion other people that adore you and cherish you. Nana loves you, Papa loves you, all your aunties love you. I have a herd of people that are banging down our door to spend time with you and babysit you.
Here are some things that you are up to these past few days:
* You are doing so well at daycare. Almost every day I pick you up, you are smiling and happy. Of course, there are some days where you had a rough day, but they are far and few between. Karen's boys adore you and love to pat your belly and tell you that they love you. When I drop you off at Karen's in the morning, even though you are sleepy, you give her big smiles.
* You are wearing size 3 diapers now. They are a little bit big, but fit you way better than the size 2's.
* You are wearing 3 months clothes still, but the pants are getting a little short. You have super duper long legs. I think your great-grandfather Stanley had something to do with that.
* You are grabbing at toys like nobody's business. Mostly everything ends up in your mouth, but it's so fun to watch you intentionally grab things. Lately, you love faces. You pat my face and Daddy's face. You touch our lips, our cheeks, rub your little pudgy hand on our forehead and ears. It's the most darling thing ever.
* You aren't sleeping through the night yet, but we are hoping you will soon. Your sleeping does seem to be getting better. You only woke up twice the other night. Most nights you average about 3-4 times a night.
* You drink a little bit of formula now. I am not able to keep up with your appetite so we mix in a little formula into your bottles at night. Just enough to make up for the difference.
* You are rolling over from your back to belly now. You did it for the first time last Friday and now you do it every day like you have been doing it all along.
* Your giggles are awesome! They are still a little elusive and take some coaxing, but if I tickle you on your back or in the folds of your neck, you laugh. It honestly is the best sound in the world. You are such a serious boy! Laugh some more please!
* You aren't sitting up on your own yet, but I am sure you will soon. You can support yourself for a couple of seconds but pretty quickly tip over.
* Sorry for embarrassing you, but your gas seems to be doing a little better. It's hard to get you to take your pill in the morning for your reflux, but it does seem to be helping. Daddy says you don't wake up in the middle of the night in pain much anymore. That is great little bug! We want your tummy and your reflux to be better.
* No solids for you yet, but next month, at 6 months, we are planning to give you a little rice cereal. You tend to gag any time something different touches your mouth so we will be very patient with you.
I could write about you forever little man. You are such a joy and my most special accomplishment. If I could be blessed with 10 babies just like you, we would start trying again.
Look at this little face. So serious and contemplative. I love you Buggy!