Happy Half Birthday Jack Jack! 6 months ago, at this very moment, I was in my hospital room. I had just woken up from a restless night of sleep and was waiting for my nurse to come in and start my Pitocin drip. I knew I was going to meet you in just a few hours and was so excited!
You are getting so aware of your surroundings these past few days. When we sit at the table to eat, you watch us like a hawk in the hopes that you might get a nugget of food. Speaking of food, you are officially on "solids". Pureed baby food is more like it. So far, you have had rice cereal (you aren't a fan), oatmeal (eh), sweet potatoes (yum!), carrots (OMG), and butternut squash (pretty tasty!). In the next few days, we will start giving you the green vegetables. I hope you like them!
You drank from a cup for the first time on Saturday. We were at the beach for our family reunion and were watching Nana intently. You wanted what was in her cup very badly. Mommy gave you a cup of just a little water and you loved it! It was really cute watching you drink and then your eyes get so big when you tasted the water.
Here are a few more interesting things about you:
* You are wearing size 3 diapers and 6 month clothing. You can still wear a few 3 month onesies, but the pants look like you are channeling Steve Urkel.
* Bathtime is fun for you. Immediately after putting you in the tub, you start playing with your boy parts. They are just the most interesting thing to you. Same goes for diaper changes. 3.2 seconds after I get the diaper off, guess where your hand goes?
* You are up to about 8 ounces of formula a day. Mommy just can't keep up with you but that's okay. You don't seem to have any issues with the formula.
* Thankfully, in the past couple of weeks, you have learned to get your gas out. In the form of really loud, stinky farts. Sorry buddy, but it's freaking hysterical! You even fart in your sleep.
* Sitting up on your own is on the horizon. You can do it for a few seconds but then you topple over.
* Sleeping through the night is really far off I think. You still wake up about every 90 minutes during the night. Thank goodness Daddy is on nighttime duty otherwise Mommy would get no sleep.
* I haven't witnessed it, but Nana says you are getting a little leary of strangers. This weekend at the beach, you saw a ton of new people and weren't scared at all. As a matter of fact, you were smiling away all weekend.
* You are absolutely enthralled with the cats, especially Kahlua. You shriek/talk at them in the hopes that they will get close enough for you to grab.
* Speaking of shrieking, you have certainly found your voice! You shriek when you are happy and although it's cute now, I have a feeling it's going to get pretty old fast.
Buggy, we love you! Keep growing strong and healthy. Today, you have your 6 month pediatrician appointment. I can't wait to see how big you have gotten.