Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Deep Breath

I am almost to write this out, so bear with me if it seems jumbled and rambly.

These past couple of weeks, I really feel like I have hit my groove with being a mom. Along with those feelings come a yearning: I want another baby.

There, I said it.

I never thought I wanted more children. It was hard for me to come to the decision to even have one. But, as Jack gets older, my feelings for him and children in general grow. I mentioned to Jason the other day that if money was not an object, I would 5 or 6 kids. Can you believe that nonsense?

I want a baby again. If we could start trying now, we would. It would be great if Jack could have a sibling close together in age. But, with the size of our house, and our short term goals not being met, it's just not an option right now. A few things need to happen first. We need a bigger house obviously, I need a new job that enables Jason to be a SAHD and I want to get my PPD more under control. Don't get me wrong, I have felt really good lately, but if I were to stop taking my medication, I would probably spiral out of control again.

It really doesn't help that a lot of my online and Facebook friends are already pregnant with number 2. Some of our babies are close together in age, so I feel a tiny bit like it's a competition. It's not though. Don't misunderstand. I just really have a yearning to be pregnant again and add a new baby to our family.

Jason feels the same way I do, which is awesome. Now, I just need to get my butt in gear to take care of those above goals.

Anyone hiring?

1 comment: