Monday, February 28, 2011

Annoying

Yes, I realize this is going to sound like a whiney post, but it's really not meant to be. We can't all have cute, perfect and wonderful babies 100% of the time. I am sure you can also name a few things that your baby or child does that is annoying.

Here are my annoyances:

* Jack throws things away. I often find his cup, puzzle pieces or his blocks in such places as the recycling bin, garbage can or (ick) his diaper pail. Most of the time it's not an issue, but there have been instances where I am just not reaching into a diaper pail for a block. He has a billion more just like it.

* When he's tired, he lets you know by shoving his hand down your shirt. While this is cute sometimes, and a good way of letting me know, it's kind of obnoxious when it occurs in public. Oh when he does it to your mother-in-law. Awkward!

* He doesn't eat much. Once in a while, he will eat like a porker, but normally, he picks like a bird. This makes it incredibly difficult to know how much to make him for a meal. I don't cook during the week, so he gets special dinners or nibbles on things like eggs and cheese, or veggies.

* Lately, he has separation anxiety issues. Which in itself isn't annoying. I know they go through stages. However, when I need my "me" time, which is not often, it seems to coincide with his anxiety. I try dropping him off at the church nursery every Sunday and most times, he cries or is extremely happy the entire time. I can't concentrate on my worship time when I am trying to entertain a baby.

* He is starting the tantrum phase. If you take him away from something he wants (the entertainment center components, the garbage can, the cat dishes), he pitches a fit. Not cute buddy. I know he's just trying to show his independence and strong will, but it's hard sometimes.

* When Jack gets a hold of something he's not supposed to have, he takes off running with it. Okay, so this one is slightly cute. At least I get some exercise out of the deal by chasing after him.

So he's not perfect, but he's pretty darn cute and smart. What annoying things do your kiddos do?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/01/2011

    so, Noah has a thing for bathrooms and toilets...he wants to play in the water (i guess dog dishes count here too) - all gross gross gross!

    we've seen the tantrums too when you take away things (especially the remote control - OMG, the world is ending...)

    he gets bored with his food and either takes two good swipes with his arm and clears the tray or picks each piece up one by one and feeds it to the eagerly awaiting dog...(kind of cute, PIA really though).

    Oh I could go on (and i think I might now in my own blog post..thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. Yes yes yes. Do you mind if I link to this post on my blog tomorrow? I agree with Lindsay this is a very inspiring topic, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link away Erin! Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete