I am a few days late (bad Mommy!) but it's been crazy busy at work.
My "little" Cal. You are 7 months old already! I put little in quotes because even though you are still a baby, you aren't little. You are getting so big. So much in fact, that I am starting to wonder if you are going to be even taller than your brother.
Here are some things that you are up to this month:
* You are busting out of your 9 month size clothing. Like I said, you are getting big, both in height and weight. If I had to guess, I would say you are close to 21 pounds.
* You are army crawling all over the house. And boy are you fast! If you see something that interests you, you will skoot your way over in mere seconds. I have video of you doing it and it's hysterical. I have never seen a baby move so quickly on their stomach.
* I am not sure if our hardwood floors are inhibiting you but you are having a hard time actually crawling. You will get up on your knees, but when you try to move forward, your legs slide out from under you. I think your pants are slippery against the floor.
* Sleep is going a lot better. You generally only whine for a minute when placed in your crib at night. You usually sleep from about 8-11 and then again from 11-2 or even 3. Sometimes, if I am lucky, you will sleep until 4 and then wake up when big brother starts tearing through the house around 6:30. You like to sleep and could sleep longer but those darn noisy brothers!
* You LOVE to eat. If you had your way, I think you would exclusively eat solid food. You had your first "table" food the other night. I made a roast chicken dinner with veggies and you got little bits of everything. Your favorite was the roast carrots. I try to make a point of feeding you either a snack or bits of food at dinnertime so you can eat with the rest of the family. You also got solids at breakfast and again around 4:00 when I get off of work (I love feeding you). There aren't too many foods that you don't like. Your favorites are still mashed bananas and pureed carrots though.
* My goodness, my happy smiley baby is still pretty happy and smiley. BUT, you are teething. It's miserable. I surely wish you would push a tooth out so you can get back to being happy. For about a month, you had a white cap on your gumline. But it disappeared. There goes any hope for a tooth! I am guessing that you will push one through on the 18th. I have a theory as to why. Let's just see if I am right.
* You started taking baths in the actual tub rather than in your baby tub. I think you like it although I really have to watch and hold on to you because you can't sit for very extended periods of time.
And to end the post, here is a cute picture of you. Although every picture is cute.