Monday, March 18, 2013

Cooking and Baking Oh My!

I have been cooking and baking lately but have neglected to take pictures of a lot of my stuff.  So instead you are going to get some pictures and mostly links on what I have made.

Jack and I were recently watching Food Network and they were showing pictures of cakes and he saw a green cake and immediately requested one.  Since St. Patrick's Day was yesterday, what better way to celebrate than with a green cake?

Jack and I had a blast making it.  He even did the decorating himself.  I love that some of the sprinkles are all smooshed towards the center.


Green cake in all its glory.


I used the following recipes for the cake and frosting.  I wanted to keep it simple.

Yellow Cake
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

Keeping with the cake theme, a couple of weeks ago I had my younger sister and her beau over for her birthday dinner.  I let her choose the cake and she picked this one from my old cooking blog.

Yum!  Cookies and Cream Cake.  And for those lazy folks, it's a super easy one to make.


For dinners, I am trying to keep it easy since I am getting over the flu still (really).  I have made this Cheeseburger Crescent Roll Casserole.  It honest to God tastes like a cheeseburger.  Plus, it's easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand with the exception of the American cheese and crescent rolls.

The beef stew below was a hit.  Jason loves anything with meat and potatoes.  I served another green veggie and rolls with it and it was the perfect Sunday dinner.  I got the recipe from my favorite crockpot cookbook.


Do you want to see the easiest snack ever for Cal?  It doesn't take any special ingredients and the only required prep is your freezer.

Homemade yogurt bites!


Get your favorite yogurt and plunk little blobs onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet.  Freeze until solid and store in the freezer.  Cal loves these because it's yogurt (one of his favorites) and they are cold which helps his new teeth that are coming in.

I have also been making recipes that I have found on Pinterest.  These have all been really great:

Spicy Sausage Pasta
Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli over rice

When I don't really feel like cooking but we still need to eat, my go-to meal for the family is baked chicken and sides.  I don't defrost the chicken first because I am lazy.  I always keep frozen or canned veggies on hand for easy meals so I can whip up dinner in less than 20 minutes (baking time not included).

I am constantly looking for recipe inspiration so if you have any go-to sites or books, that would be great!  Or just post your favorite meal here!



1 comment:

  1. This post made me drool a little; okay, a lot! Yum! I'll think up some of my fave go to recipes and try to post them for you.

    ReplyDelete