Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rotten Day

I figure I would get the crappy post out of the way first so that I can have a positive one at the top of my blog! Today was Jack's four month appointment. That itself wasn't too terrible. It was just the sequence of events of the day.

I picked up Jack from the sitter's and she had told me that he was a good boy all day but he had spit up quite substantially. Usually, he only spits up when he hasn't burped well so I will need to show her some burping tricks tomorrow. Spit up = first bad of the day.

Second bad of the day: I was walking down the steps from the sitter (carrying Jack in his carseat) and I bit the dust. I won't remind you of the post from a few months ago when I dropped his carseat before he was born. Jack only fell a couple of inches, but I was still pissed at myself. I can't believe I dropped my baby! What kind of freakin' mother am I? He wasn't hurt, just a little startled. I, on the other hand, have two trashed and bruised knees.

At his appointment, he needed to take one of the immunizations orally. Third bad of the day. He gagged and choked until finally, he spit up. Everywhere. There was spit up on the exam table, on the nurse, on me, on the floor and on him of course. EVERYWHERE. I don't think I can remember a time when he has spit up twice in one day. At least not recently.

Fourth bad of the day: Shots. Enough said.

Poor Jack. He just felt rotten and tired at all the goings on of the day. Here is his reaction to everything:
"I got my shots and have a boo boo, but this cool bandaid makes it a little better"

"I am so tired. Woe is meeeeeee. Look at how sleepy I am."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/03/2010

    Aw, poor Jack! And poor you and your knees :(

    ReplyDelete