My baby is seven months old today. Last night, because I was partially in denial and feeling sentimental, I went back and read my birth story and looked at old pictures. While I miss those days of having a tiny baby, I prefer the present. Jack is more interactive, "talking", and while still a baby, he has such a big person's personality.
Some things about the wee one:
* He is still solidly in 6 month clothing and size 3 diapers.
* He is almost exclusively on formula now, and we are all okay with it. As a matter of fact, his feeding schedule is now very predictable, which is good for all of us!
* While he doesn't nap very well, he sleeps a total of 10 hours or so every night, waking about 6 times. He sleeps with me so waking isn't so bad. I do look forward to the time that he sleeps through the night though!
* Jack now sits up on his own. He can sit for a long time before toppling over.
* Let's talk scooting and crawling. My child can turn in circles when he's on his stomach. He can get up on his hands and knees and go about half a crawl before falling back onto his belly. You can tell that he gets really frustrated and wants to move because he grunts and makes this sound like "oooh, oooh, oooh". It's kind of sad but cute at the same time. I bet next month at his 8 month post, he will have crawling down.
* Jack eats solids, but he still hasn't found his groove. He gets about a tablespoon of any one food a day. He tends to eat more when he's allowed to feed himself, so I either put some whole fruit in his mesh feeder, or get some food on a spoon and hand it to him.
* He is SO independent. He wants everything that you have. Whether it be the remote control, your cell phone or a water bottle. If it's in your hands, he wants it. And when he wants to move, he will squirm out of your arms.
* My boy is strong. He stands up and jumps like a kangaroo. I swear, he is going to be a bodybuilder or an Olympic swimmer.
Jack, we love you so much! I am starting to feel better and while I missed so much with you, I look forward to seeing you and spending time with you. Every day when I pick you up, you give me the biggest smile. It is hands down the best part of my day. Everyone that meets you say how happy and gorgeous you are. Your daddy and I can't help but think it's true and that you are the best baby in the whole world. While you can be fussy, we just know that is part of your independence and strong will.
I love you Bug. You are the best thing I ever did with my life.