Thursday, July 5, 2012

Big Boy's Room

Last weekend we made the purchase that we had been holding out for........a toddler bed.  Jack had previously been sleeping in his converted crib which is completely fine, but when you need to use it for the next baby, this poses a problem.

I made the trek to Ikea after finding a bed we wanted.  It is so super cute in person.  It's the perfect little boy's bed.

Jack didn't get it at first.  We tried to make it exciting while we were putting the bed together saying "Look, it's your new big boy bed!".  The only response we got out of him was "Nooooo".

The challenge of the day was trying to fit two beds into a very small bedroom.  I had an idea planned out but it didn't make it to execution.  The bed and dresser won't fit on the same wall so I had to rethink my plan.  In the end, it all worked out and although the room is small and "cozy" it's still cute.  A perfect little boy's room.

Here is Jack's new "big boy bed" with the special quilt that was made by a family friend.  You can't really tell but the headboard has a cut out of a squirrel and a fox.  The fox matches the paint color in the room coincidentally.


Here is a view from the door of the room.


Have I ever mentioned that I share a closet with these two kiddos?  



And here is Cal's bed (eventually).  We need to put the headboard back on and adjust the mattress.


I really like how it turned out.  We might not have the biggest house or the fanciest stuff, but I am happy with where we live.  We have a roof over our heads and it helps that I am super organized and am constantly purging so we don't accumulate too much "stuff".

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/06/2012

    I love it! That room is definitely cute ;).

    ReplyDelete