* We had a crazy busy and fun weekend. My friend Cathi and I took the boys to the zoo on Saturday. Then while Jack was napping (which he actually didn't, scary!), I went grocery shopping. Since Jack didn't nap and he was just jumping on his bed, I got him up, we went to Target and then to watch the plans take off and land at the airport.
* Yesterday, Jack and I had a Mommy and Me day. I was originally going to take both boys to the playground but the weather was not cooperative. Instead, I woke Jason up early and got Jack and myself ready. We went to Pump It Up which is a bounce house facility. Jack had a blast! With the exception of getting kicked in the face by some bratty kid, he had such a good time. We jumped together in the houses, crawled all over, went down the huge slides and played. He giggled so much and I could tell he enjoyed our time together.
* We got a "special lunch" afterwards. I can count on one hand the number of times my child has eaten fast food (he doesn't like anything but fries generally) but he has found that he likes nuggets these days. So we stopped at McDonald's on the way home. He is so grown up people! He sat and just ate his food. I took a video of my big boy eating. He kept putting every fry and apple slice in the little box that his fries came in. He would put a fry in, take it out and eat it. It is much funnier than it sounds, trust.
* Cal is teething. I am certain of it. He has been drooly for over two months now. I have been able to see a tiny white tooth nubbin on his front gum. It is there but it just won't pop through. Well yesterday and today, he has had loose poop, a diaper rash and he's been SO CRANKY. These were all tell-tale signs with Jack. I cross my fingers that he pops one through soon. Otherwise, I might have to start drinking.
* I have so many recipes that I have tried lately and want to post about. I have to muster up the energy to do it.
* Our weekends are going to be incredibly busy until the end of summer. This coming weekend we are headed to Jason's parent's boat for the weekend. It's Eagle Fest in the town their boat is docked. There is a parade, vendors, fireworks and activities for the kids. I have to be back early on Sunday because I have a check out at work. The weekend after that I am on call for work which means I have to be glued to my BlackBerry. Jason's birthday barbeque is on the 22nd. We have a potluck get together on the 28th. We have a big family reunion on August 11th. I want to hit up the Oregon State Fair and The Oregon Bite too. Talk about busy!
* I am not intentionally forgetting about posting about my Weight Watchers progress. I haven't been following the plan for several weeks. I don't have an excuse other than laziness. I frustrate myself because I am all gung-ho when I first start and then I get lazy. I need to get my butt to the meetings every week. That usually keeps me on target.
* I haven't posted about a couple of topics lately: My PPD and cloth diapering. I am happy to say that my PPD is under control. I am still on meds (never stopped them while pregnant) and I never had the overwhelming feeling of despair or felt like I made a mistake. I am actually enjoying being a mom now. As for the cloth diapering, we are still chugging along. I think it's safe to say that I LOVE cloth. It's easy, the laundry doesn't bother me, and even Jason isn't complaining about changing diapers.
That is about it. I am making an Arroz Con Pollo recipe tonight so I hope to be able to post some tasty eats tomorrow.