Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cal's 6 Month Appointment

Today was Cal's 6 month pediatrician appointment (a couple of weeks late).  It's probably a good thing he had his appointment late because when he was sick with his ear infection, he wouldn't have been able to have his immunizations.

My big boy weighs a whopping 19 pounds 3 ounces (80th percentile) and is 28 inches long (95th percentile).  He's even longer than Jack was!  Jack was big but Cal is even bigger.

I asked about the big jump in percentiles and if I should be concerned - he was 75th percentile for both at 3 months - and because his weight isn't concerning, the pediatrician said he is perfectly fine but he might need another meal during the day.  Cal will now get two solid meals a day because of this.  He won't mind, trust me.

He got three shots and a vial of the Rotavirus goop.  He was such a good boy and took all the Rotavirus with no issues.  He smiled through his first shot, got a little concerned for the second and made a sad face for the third.  Once I picked him up, he was happy as can be.

What made me feel great were the comments from the pediatrician and the nurses.  "He is such a happy baby! Is he always this smiley?".

I make big, happy boys.  I must be doing something right.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your baby is 6 months already! I was looking at the facebook picture you posted the other day, and it's simply unbelievable. Congrats one a happy, healthy boy (x2)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! This means that Aubrey's 6 month appointment is right around the corner! Insane, these babies are growing up WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete