Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday Miscellaneous


* I never posted about our boat weekend.  It was a lot of fun but we definitely learned some lessons.  I will try and get a separate post up about that.

* I am going to Denver for work at the end of August.  I probably shouldn't tell Jason that I actually requested this trip right?  Mostly for training for work but also, I will admit, it will be awesome to have a whole bed to myself, sleep without interruptions and be able to eat out and have some adult time.

* Speaking of Denver and sleep, we are really going to start sleep training Cal.  We started but then he got sick with a cold and then his double ear infection.  We are ready now.  Friday night is the start and we already have a plan.  The crib is set up, the mobile has fresh batteries, I ordered a sleep sack and Jack is spending the night over at Nana's.  I am scared to death.  Getting him to sleep isn't the issue.  It's getting him to STAY asleep.  I don't look forward to listening to him cry when he wakes up in the middle of the night.  I am not expecting miracles but I would like to decrease his night wakings down to one or two rather than six or seven (yes, he really wakes up that much).  This plan is in the hopes that when I go to Denver, Jason won't have to wake up so many times during the night.  He doesn't handle disruptions to his sleep very well.

* Here is something weird.  I weighed myself yesterday and I was at about 215 fully clothed in the afternoon.  Hmmmm, that means I have lost weight somehow, without even trying.  Go figure.

* I am on the hunt for yellow, non-slutty shoes.  I have a feeling I won't be able to find them.  They have to be the right color (not mustard) and can't have a huge heel or be real sandaley looking.  I found an awesome pair of Cole Haan's, but I can't justify spending $100 on a pair of shoes that I am only going to wear a few times.  But aren't they gorgeous?

* I scored on the clearance racks yesterday at Fred Meyer.  I didn't buy anything for myself but instead for the boys.  Cal doesn't have any shorts that fit him since he's such a chunky monkey.  He wears most of Jack's hand me downs but all the shorts we have are 6 month size and Cal needs 9 months.  I got a ton of cute summer clothes for him and some jammies for Jack all under $40.  Score!

* Have I mentioned that I am still pumping?  I am really proud of myself because at this point with Jack, I was wrapping up because my supply was crap.  I am really proud that I have kept up this long.  My ultimate goal is to have enough milk to stop at 12 months.  My mini goal was 6 months and I made it that long!  We are getting a chest freezer for our shed so I can store a lot more milk in that. If I plan it right, I can pump, store my milk and then have enough to stop at around 10 months and just use up the frozen.  That would mean I would need about 1900 ounces of frozen milk banked up.  Yikes!  I am not sure if that's going to happen but it's a good goal to aim for.

* Cal is moving, moving, moving.  He is up on all fours and rocking back and forth.  He often takes a half crawl forward too.  You can't leave him on the floor and expect him to be in the same spot five minutes later.  We are making sure to pick up Jack's small toys so he doesn't put them in his mouth and choke.  Since he's not only mobile but awfully grabby with things too.

* Jack can count to three!  I know this isn't a huge deal for people.  Most kids his age can probably count higher but I consider this a success.  He also can identify all colors and most shapes.  Jason was shocked last night when they were reading a board book and Jack kept pointing at the shapes and reciting them "Circle, triangle, diamond, moon, rectangle".  He can also identify some letters too, especially E.  He amazes me.

* I need to make an appointment to get my hair cut and highlighted.  It's been ages since it was cut (since well before Cal was born) and years since I got it highlighted.  When it's highlighted, it makes me look a lot more refreshed and awake.  Better get on the phone with my stylist, Chai.  

* This is going to sound awful but I am just not into the Olympics this year.  I did watch some of the opening ceremonies because I love seeing the parade of nations.  I haven't watched all weekend.  It's on today while I work but I am not paying attention to it.  My favorite event is gymnastics, followed by diving so maybe when those are on I will pay more attention.

I could go on and on but I will leave my post now.  I will do a boat trip update soon.  Maybe tomorrow?  I am trying to blog more but sometimes, it's hard to find interesting topics.  I am not an interesting person and don't craft or have good fashion sense so those two topics are out.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment