Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm Drowning!

In baby stuff. Not that I mind of course. Christmas was yesterday and our families outdid themselves. I got spoiled and Jason got spoiled and Baby Walter got spoiled and he's not even here yet! I have a mountain of stuff in our living room to sort through and put away.

My in-laws kept saying over and over that they were cutting back this year. Well, they lied. Our stockings would have been enough to be considered all our gifts. I got so many gift cards that I don't know what I am going to do with myself.

Here's the big gift: They managed to buy up the rest of our bedding and crib items! They bought our pricey baby mattress. We thought for sure that we were going to have to buy it, which is perferctly fine! However, Mike and Lynn got it for us, along with two sets of crib sheets, the mattress pad cover, a sheet saver, the bumper for the crib, the Soothe and Glow Seahorse (adorable!) that we wanted as well as the changing pad and changing pad cover. Seriously, our nursery (once we have it set up) is complete. The only thing we have to worry about now is the car seat.

So I mention the car seat. Huh, well, it looks like we might not have to buy that either! Our travel system that we registered for is $300. With all the gift cards and money that I got for Christmas, I have enough to buy the travel system. Seriously! I am spoiled rotten. This baby is spoiled rotten.

That is only the half of it. I got Target gift cards as well! That means that whatever isn't purchased off our Target registry will get snagged in a shopping trip after the shower.

My little sister outdid herself. She bought baby Walter the CUTEST stuffed dinosaurs. They are organic cotton and so soft and cuddly. Our little man is going to love them! Plus, she bought us enough clothes to outfit him for the first year of his life. Monkey outfits, dinosaur t-shirts, sleepers, little baby boots, tons of socks and other stuff. I have no idea where I am going to store all these things!

It's really time to get started on the nursery. That's actually coming up next weekend. Look for a post from me with all sorts of griping. When Jason and I do house projects, we typically want to strangle each other afterwards. Thank goodness his parents are coming over to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment