Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Boring Life

I haven't updated my blog in some time because frankly, there is really nothing extraordinary to write about. I have been very busy with school, but that's mostly over with. I had been doubling up on classes so I can get done sooner and thankfully, last Thursday was my last week of doubling up. I have a little bit more free time now. I have one more week of my Wednesday night class and then I am on Christmas break for two weeks. After that, I return for my final class. Then my very long (69 days) break starts. I will have to go back to school about a month after our little bug is born, but I will be on maternity leave so hopefully, it won't be too terrible. My mother-in-law (I love her like my own mother) and my aunt have already lined themselves up to watch our little guy while I am in class.

Speaking of class, here is something funny that happened on Wednesday. Keep in mind I have had this professor for several weeks now.

I pulled an extra chair over to the desk so I could put my feet up. My back was bothering me and I wanted some extra support. My instructor says "What are you doing?". I told him that I was pulling a chair over to put my feet up. "How come? Is everything okay?". Sigh.

Yes, Mr. Professor. I am fine. I told him I was tired, pregnant and that my back hurt and I wanted to put my feet up.

"You're pregnant?!" I thought that was hysterical. How could he not tell? It looks like I have swallowed a basketball. I said "Did you think I was this fat normally?". The rest of the night, he kept saying "I didn't know she was pregnant" and he backtracked and said that he couldn't tell, blah blah. Too funny!

In baby news, I had my 31 week appointment yesterday. Can you believe it? 31 weeks! Crazy. Everything is fine. I haven't looked to see what my total weight gain is, but I have a feeling it's around 23 pounds. GULP!

Little man is moving around like crazy. Jason and I have taken to calling him The Goblin. It really fits. You know how goblins are short, slightly crazy and active? That's just like our Baby Walter (that is not his name FYI). I love feeling him kick and move around. Honestly, with the icky pregnancy I have had, that is the best part. I honestly think that is the only thing about pregnancy that I like. My belly moves all over the place and every once in a while, he will kick my so swiftly that it makes me gasp. I don't care. I love it. He can kick me in the ribs all he wants.

Now, Baby Walter is another of our nicknames. I picked that because I personally think that Walter is a completely ridiculous name for a baby. No offense to any Walters out there. Don't you have a hard time picturing an infant named Walter? It makes me giggle.

It's getting so close to Christmas and it seems this year has snuck up on me. Granted, I have had other things on my mind, but where has the time gone? I hope to get some neat Christmas pictures of me, Baby Walter, Jason and the Christmas tree to put on our New Year's cards. We do those every year rather than Christmas cards. Hopefully this pregnancy can inspire me to be creative.

Merry Christmas if I don't post again until afterwards!

And while this might be controversial, I don't care. If you could pray for Michelle Duggar and family, that would be wonderful. She delivered her 19th baby yesterday at 25 weeks. The tiny little baby is only 1 pound 6 ounces and babies that tiny have a lot of fighting ahead of them. God bless her and the entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment