Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Official

Well folks, it's official. I am a fat ass. I had to remove my wedding ring over the weekend. I am still able to wear my engagement ring (for now), but my wedding band was becoming so tight that I was afraid I wasn't going to get it over my knuckle. Being that I am insecure and don't want people to think that I am not married, I ordered a fake set from Avon. Hey, if it's ugly, I am only out about $13.

I know I must be retaining water. My rings have fit just fine until now. Plus, I stepped on the scale this morning and I am five pounds heavier. I know that is not possible to gain 5 pounds overnight (well, I suppose it is if you ate an extra 25,000 calories in one day) so it HAS TO BE water retention. At least that's what I am telling myself.

Hopefully my doctor agrees next week when I go in for my appointment. I really don't want the "weight talk" or the side eye from him.

In other news, my husband is adorable. Seriously. He has a daily (morning ritual). Since he works a different shift, he comes to bed around 6:00am. I am just starting to wake up at that time. So, he comes to bed, snuggles with me and then proceeds to put his hand on my belly to feel the baby move. It's the only time we see each other so he takes advantage of the snuggle time before he goes to sleep.

I asked him the other morning what he will do when he can't feel the baby move anymore. Meaning, what will he do when he's born? Well this is what he says:

"I will hold him". Awwwwwww. I just thought that was cute. He honestly is excited about this baby. Much more so than I ever expected him to be. It touches my heart.

I lurve him but not my water retention.

No comments:

Post a Comment