Friday, September 2, 2011

It's a.............

Today was our "big" ultrasound. It went great! The baby is measuring right on track. With Jack, he was a few days ahead and weighed 14 oz. This baby is exactly on track with it's due date and weighs 13 oz.

I just love watching the sonographer take all the measurements and point out the body parts and organs. It wasn't quite as foreign this time since I remember Jack's ultrasound.

The difference this time is that this baby is a huge wiggle worm! The sonographer could not get good measurements at first because of the baby's position. It was laying on it's side kind of transverse but facing my back. That meant that measurements of the heart were difficult. In the end, the sonographer was able to get the right measurements, but every time she would go in and get a good shot, the baby would either flip or completely change positions. I honestly don't remember Jack moving around that much at his ultrasound.

We were asked if we wanted to know the gender and of course we said "yes"! Well, it was very very clear as to what the baby's gender is! BOY! Everyone was wrong except for my husband. He has been the only person this whole pregnancy who has thought boy. I thought girl (I did last time too) and so did everyone else in my family. Jason admitted that earlier in the ultrasound he thought he saw a peek of the penis but didn't want to say anything. Me, being the ultimate unaware person didn't even notice.

It was a pretty great appointment. Today was also our big boy's 19 month birthday. I can't believe in 4 months I am going to have two little boys! It's exciting to think about Jack having a little brother to play with. And the best part? We have all the clothes and toys and things for a little boy! I had saved all of Jack's clothes and I am so glad that I did.

What a great day! Happy Friday to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/04/2011

    Yay! Congrats to you! I have been saving Rowan's thing as well because I am sure our next one will also be a girl :). That's just how things turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is so exciting! Is Jack uber excited?
    2 Weeks and 2 days until we find out, cannot wait! if you ask Ella she will tell you she wants a Sister, so cute!

    ReplyDelete