Today marks the start of my 34th week. That means in 5 short weeks (or less), Cal will be here! It seems time has flown by.
I will start this post with a maternity picture. My friend Jenn over at PDXMomma took them for me and from what I have seen so far, they turned out great! I can't wait to see all the pictures.
I am carrying more torpedo style this time around. With Jack I was pretty flat and low. With Cal, I am carrying all in my belly and it's RIGHT OUT front. I look like I swallowed a watermelon.
What has been going on with me:
* I don't want to sound trite, but I feel pretty good. Of course, things could change and I could start feeling awful tomorrow. My only complaints are a very hard and heavy belly by the end of the night and some minor sleeping issues.
* With Jack I had horrible hip pain. It was so bad that no pregnancy pillow, no amount of position changes and couch sleeping could help. I would wake up in so much pain in the middle of the night that I would cry. This time? It's minor. I think it's because now my body knows what it's doing.
* I don't have heartburn. With Jack, I would have to ask myself with every morsel of food "Will this give me heartburn?". This time? It's minor. I have had it maybe twice and it was only when I ate super late. Last night I had two pieces of pizza and root beer pretty close to bedtime and I didn't have heartburn.
* This little guy seems to like wedging himself up under my ribs. His little butt is always on my left side. What feels the most odd is when he shifts positions and his little head or his arms bonk my cervix. Yowza! Talk about a suprise!
* I had an itching issue last week that required me to run into the OB's office for some labwork. My arms, legs and belly were so itchy that I actually scratched some raw spots into my skin. I had this last time with Jack too and they ran a liver and kidney panel to make sure everything was okay. I will call today and make sure the results are normal.
* I am about to finally purchase our big cloth diaper order. I plan on ordering two more Flip diapers along with inserts, 6 Charlie Banana diapers with inserts and 6 Sun Baby diapers with inserts. Add this to the two covers that we already have (pathetic, I know) and that will be about 14 covers. We can add some as time goes on but I am hoping this is enough of a stash to start out with. I will still need to buy some wet bags and a sprayer, but that should be about it!
* I need to pack my hospital bag but I don't have all the things that I need for the hospital. I am waiting for Christmas so I can use the gift cards and money that I get to buy nursing tanks, bras and a robe for the hospital. Let's just hope Cal doesn't decide he wants to come early!
* I am worried about how I am going to take care of a toddler and a newborn. The only saving grace is that Jason won't be going back to work so I will have tons of help. I don't think either of us know just how much work this is going to be and I am scared. We are both going to try and be more relaxed this time around. I will not freak out if breastfeeding doesn't work out. I will not freak out if Cal doesn't sleep well (Jesus I really hope he sleeps well). I will not freak out to take a shower in case he cries. Seriously, can I just be more relaxed this time? I was such a basket case with Jack and I think that is why I don't remember a lot of his newborn stage.
That is it for updates from me. And to add to this baby preparation panic, can you believe that Christmas is 19 days away? I am not prepared! Time needs to slow down for sure.