Monday, December 5, 2011

Jack's Christmas

This post is all about Christmas and how spoiled rotten my son is.  I swear, we were paring down the Christmas gifts this year after last year's toy explosion but Jason obviously didn't get the memo.

Long before we started purchasing gifts I knew I wanted to get Jack a play kitchen.  He loves the one at daycare and he loves opening and closing doors.  I had my eye on a couple but mainly wanted wood and small-ish since we have a lack of space.

This is what I ended up buying:

I am hoping it will be a big hit.

After I had ordered the kitchen, Jason announced to me that he had purchased Jack a tricycle.  How cute that he thought of a gift on his own and bought one?!?

This is what he ordered:


Also on Jack's Christmas list are:

* 24 month sized clothes
* Pet net for his massive collection of stuffed animals (purchased)
* Slippers (purchased)
* Play food sets
* Elmo Rockin' Shapes and Colors

Since Jack already has two big gifts we are going to try and tame what else we buy for him.  He will get a stocking but I think with a couple of other minor purchases (like some new books), that will be all we buy.

HOWEVER, he still has gifts at Nana and Papa's to open.  And gifts from his aunts.  And gifts from my Dad.  Among other gifts.  Seriously, this child is going to be spoiled.  I don't know how much more this tiny house can take in the way of toy explosion.

I need to constantly remind myself what Christmas is all about.  It's not about material gifts or spending money or baking.  It's about Christ, family and giving back to others.  So when I go shopping I will have to reign myself in from buying any more crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment