Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I'm Crafty!

My knitting is really taking off.  It started with an offer to attend a knitting class with a friend and now I am officially hooked!

I had originally picked a very simple knit hat as my first project but I didn't like how it was turning out (I made a mistake in the brim) so I scrapped it and went to some animal hats for the boys.  From there, I moved to slipper socks and now a beautiful scarf for my mom.

I am not a professional by any means so please keep that in mind when you see these pictures.

Duck hat for a friend's little boy


Hippo hat for Jack.  Although it looks a lot like Shrek.


Button tab hat for me.  You can't see from the picture but there is a flap/tab where the button is.  It's very classy looking.


Slipper socks for my sister.  I didn't want to give these away.  They were made with the prettiest and softest yarn I have ever seen.


Koala hat for my cousin's daughter.


Slipper socks for my mother-in-law. I also made a pair for Mamo in a more purple color.  The color below is more of a red.  My camera on my phone isn't the best quality.


Mouse hat for Cal.


I did go back and complete my original project.  It's a simple teal colored hat that fits both my kids so they can wear it for a long time.

I have about 10 projects lined up right now including a cowl for my cousin, a ruffle scarf for my mom, a beret for my mom, a hat for each of my nephew's and some Christmas projects for next year!  I won't be disclosing those for obvious reasons.

My next ambitious project is socks.  I have a book and the yarn.  I need to re sign-up for the knitting class so I can get some instructor help.  Once the madness of birthdays is over, I will definitely be investing some more time into knitting.

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I can knit straight lines and that's about it. Next time you're in Denver extend your trip by a day, head to the mountains, and teach me to knit! =)

    ReplyDelete